hardwall over hardwall

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

theclemo

Private Member
Is there any problems doing this. Did a old brick wall today but could not get it straight so i scratch it.

Should be no problem, though I would have floated as soon as it set as if your doing it tomorrow there will be too much suction and it'll be a pain to rule etc, would throw a bit of pva on it in the morning if so.

Are you in Ireland? Hypericum rep was on to me, trying to get me on to it, but it's purely up to clients I'm working for......
What do you pay over here?

Rep was trying to tell me it'll be cheaper than s&c! At a tenner a bag that's about 3-30 a metre

Any of the Irish lads tell me why the door frames are 135mm wide as standard over here?
It's a feckin joke floating out to them

That would be the answer John, but you know what traditional minds they have here, surprised he's getting away with hardwall!
Hardwall is called hardcoat here. The only reason I'm using it there is nowhere to mix s&c

We are floating thermalites with sand and cement today ,the boss doesn't like hardwall,three flights of stairs, all metal ,all need eml and bonding and skimming,they are very high and very awkward , hard to scaffold, needs younger bones ..

We are floating thermalites with sand and cement today ,the boss doesn't like hardwall,three flights of stairs, all metal ,all need eml and bonding and skimming,they are very high and very awkward , hard to scaffold, needs younger bones ..
fuk me and I tot I was haven a bad day.

On sites years ago for a certain builder there were no studs upstairs, they built them in 3 inch thermals so the whole house was floated s&c. A couple came off so they knocked it on the head. None of my dads did, he reckoned the other spreads were mixing it too strong & not letting it mix enough.
Went to lime lite then

On sites years ago for a certain builder there were no studs upstairs, they built them in 3 inch thermals so the whole house was floated s&c. A couple came off so they knocked it on the head. None of my dads did, he reckoned the other spreads were mixing it too strong & not letting it mix enough.
Went to lime lite then
We use it 6/1

Good thing about h/wall on therms is it won't blow or crack, s/c on the other hand....
Anything can blow . It's down to the applicator , browning used to blow quite a bit I remember
Sand and c more inclined to blow outside due to changing temps and weather extremes

Yeah we used to s+c 6/1 a lot of years ago never had a problem,but I went to a 8 year old estate and they all had problems with them cracked like hell and some walls coming off in sheets. It put us off ever rendering them again,hardwall or dot + dab only for me

Did you ever use high suction browning on therms? That was the gear, you could lash a rake of it on before turning back to rule it. Gone though now I believe

Yeah we used to s+c 6/1 a lot of years ago never had a problem,but I went to a 8 year old estate and they all had problems with them cracked like hell and some walls coming off in sheets. It put us off ever rendering them again,hardwall or dot + dab only for me
It's the applicator,some try 3/1 or 4/1 . 6/1 will be fine,

Anything can blow . It's down to the applicator , browning used to blow quite a bit I remember
Sand and c more inclined to blow outside due to changing temps and weather extremes

Thing about therms and any plaster is u need to make 2 passes then devil float. When the 1st pass starts to shrink, 2nd coat and when ready devil float. S/c float up as soon as poss. It's all about the float pulling the moisture back to the surface in my opinion

Thing about therms and any plaster is u need to make 2 passes then devil float. When the 1st pass starts to shrink, 2nd coat and when ready devil float. S/c float up as soon as poss. It's all about the float pulling the moisture back to the surface in my opinion

years ago we had a directive from the nhbc asking us to use a wooden featheredge and floats on sand and cement to stop pulling the moisture forward as there was a lot problems with sand and cement floating and rendering

That's a crazy idea when hard wall is ideal for these blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.