Hardwall on external walls

Status
Not open for further replies.

superspread

i rang british gypsum today to confirm what i already knew. they told me that you can use hardwall on solid 9" external walls only if they are dry, hardwall did replace renovation plaster as they were basiclly the same.
they also recommend dri coat for solid walls that have had a damp course injection.
so Flynnmann and A D plastering your right there are a lot of chancers on this site.
(see thread plastering victorian walls).

ya but the problem is there solid walls...they are prone to damp, how good is the render on the outside? or how good is the mortar? There is no cavirty... personally if i was asked to do a job like that, I would use sand and cement. No british gypsum product is waterproof. Also people tend to dab it with insulated plasterboards or batton it out. you could then bond and skim it.

But yes I supose you could use hardwall, just wouldn't be my first choice

hi spark , but if youve got constant damp ,even sand and cement w/proofer not going to hold that back, just prolong the problem.

hi spark , but if youve got constant damp ,even sand and cement w/proofer not going to hold that back, just prolong the problem.

hi mate

ya i know that, thats why u would have to fix the damp problem first!
rising damp.... get it injected
penetrating damp.... fix that area, mortar or whatever and i would probably three coat it especially if its known for damp etc etc

damp course injection is s**t, damp firms only ever gaurantee the injection never the plastering. wonder why that is ?

i try and work to specs thats given by an architect or the like, if its private ill take it on its merit or swerve it ,i dont need the phone calls 6 months later, and believe me i dont cut corners.

U can tank a wall with various products and get an insurance backed guarentee!!! Simples! Then render it and skim it! Easybut not cheap! If they want rid of damp it's the only option!!!

ya but the problem is there solid walls...they are prone to damp, how good is the render on the outside? or how good is the mortar? There is no cavirty... personally if i was asked to do a job like that, I would use sand and cement. No british gypsum product is waterproof. Also people tend to dab it with insulated plasterboards or batton it out. you could then bond and skim it.

read what it says on a bag ov dri coat why mix render when u can buy it pre blended that will do the job better than render mix & as 4 penatrating damp make good any poor brick work & treat with dryzone cream which is water proof & dries clear & u roller it on ie u stop penatrating damp & allow the walls dry out on the inside :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.