Hardball.

Members online

Well said pal forum full of gunslingers . Fuk me I'm 49 years old been in the trade since 16 never heard s**t like it. Half these loons coul8float down the Manchester ship canal ffs lol
I've seen some shiit on here over the years but sponge floating hardwall is a new one even on me
never fkin heard the likes
why the fk would you even do it
practically every day you'll see someone post summet on here and you look at it and you don't know whether to fkin laugh or cry at it.......recently hung up hawk n trowel after 35 years and I ask myself what the fk am I leaving behind in this trade it's like we've now got a generation of make it up as you go along clowning chancers....doesn't bear well for the trade as a whole in future

I've seen some shiit on here over the years but sponge floating hardwall is a new one even on me
never fkin heard the likes
why the fk would you even do it
practically every day you'll see someone post summet on here and you look at it and you don't know whether to fkin laugh or cry at it.......recently hung up hawk n trowel after 35 years and I ask myself what the fk am I leaving behind in this trade it's like we've now got a generation of make it up as you go along clowning chancers....doesn't bear well for the trade as a whole in future
I totally agree with you on the sponge float thing but people do it ( not me ) with skim and it doesn't fail , I didn't think they were doing it for any other reason than they couldn't be bothered with timings but they did still devil the backing once it had firmed up

absolute bollox backing coats should be keyed up at every stage no matter how long you've left them to dry before skimming....even says on back of bags to devil float in preparation for skim
you've even put in another post that you use an orange sponge float to give a 'lovely finish' for skim
and you don't need to scratch board before skimming because it's the very fine paper fibres on the boards that gives the skim a key

do you actually know what the fk you are doing?

@Danny I know I'm retired mate but giz a part time job moderating on here to rid the forum of clueless chancers
Lol! I'm 62 years old mate. Done hundreds of houses all devil floated, eg in the days before drylining. When it was mentioned on this forum about using orange float I tried it and prefer that method. To date no skim has ever fallen off or delaminated. I must have been really lucky. Do you still use a cross grain float to do reveals like we used to in the old days?

Do you still use a cross grain float to do reveals like we used to in the old days?
we did use to cross grain reveals,internals,skirting line and ceiling line.
then moved on to laying the first coat on with a straight grain wooden float to give the impression that the whole wall had been cross grained. plasterers will always find a faster way to produce the extra metre.