hard graft

carys

Ok lads i work by my self most days no labourer becouse it to much hassle to keep some one if I'm on gable ends or big job il get some one to do the donkey work but it hard work finding a good labourer becouse off this I'm thinking of going on the cards does anybody else feel like this or is it just me lol

I love graft, hate winter cos I never break a sweat....did a lot of distance running in the past and remember doing hard runs along the coast in Cyprus loosing my body weight in sweat...did a 20 miler once and nearly passed out til I found a Lidl to buy water

I'd have one, i hate labouring. F*****g pain in the arse mixing up, and cleaning etc. Although they are hard to find these days. Good 1s anyway

Ok lads i work by my self most days no labourer becouse it to much hassle to keep some one if I'm on gable ends or big job il get some one to do the donkey work but it hard work finding a good labourer becouse off this I'm thinking of going on the cards does anybody else feel like this or is it just me lol
I used to do house after house float and set without a labourer quite happily. Also loads of external renders including big three storey gable ends.
Working on your own is all about organisation. I'd rather work alone than with a shite labourer.

I love graft, hate winter cos I never break a sweat....did a lot of distance running in the past and remember doing hard runs along the coast in Cyprus loosing my body weight in sweat...did a 20 miler once and nearly passed out til I found a Lidl to buy water
Still worms

If you can get a job on the cards and the company can keep you going then go for it. No books to keep, no looking at jobs, no van or insurance to pay for.

If I could get a easy job doing anything bar cold selling then I would be off.

I used to do house after house float and set without a labourer quite happily. Also loads of external renders including big three storey gable ends.
Working on your own is all about organisation. I'd rather work alone than with a shite labourer.

its carrying someone .....timing is everything.
rushing our lives away :(

I'd have one, i hate labouring. F*****g pain in the arse mixing up, and cleaning etc. Although they are hard to find these days. Good 1s anyway
I wouldn't mind labouring full time, imagine all the fag breaks and coffee breaks all day while the gaffa puts on and finishes his half bags mix of skim. I'd be bored after 5 min and shake him off the ladder lol

I wouldn't mind labouring full time, imagine all the fag breaks and coffee breaks all day while the gaffa puts on and finishes his half bags mix of skim. I'd be bored after 5 min and shake him off the ladder lol
I can almost see it :LOL:

I spent years doing it, it's s**t. Lol carting mortar up and down stairs and ladders and stuff. Plus I usually ended up having to trowel up and float up behind them anyways. I got hand took out me, no question, for I didn't get a penny extra for it.least had steady work through recession is only plus. But onwards and upwards and all that lol

You don't really have to work on cards other options get in with a few builders on a day rate and work your own jobs in-between I find plastering or any job for that matter is about been in right place at right time! You can have all the skills in the world but if you don't sell yourself to people ya might as well be pissing in the wind!!

Can’t nonse the labourers anymore which is a shame the young lads object to my vile advances. They even get disgusted when I ask if they sniff their mums knickers such sensitive souls now.
Ha ha they are a bit like that the youth today I used to get ripped at work only problem is when other blokes at work ripped me about my mum my dad was in next room floating up or whatever! Ide just shout dad there slagging my mum off!! And he would walk in room 6ft hard as nails say who said what about ya mum?? Was all banter but saw a lot of blokes ass's fall out lol.

lol..yea I must admit I do miss the good old days where the plasterers would all get their choppers out in a line up parade and shout over to the apprentices and labourers to take a look..;)
The world has gone soft these days such a shame used to enjoy taking part in those character building exercises ;)

Don't think it's changed that much, I used to go home with black an blue arms from digs for being a dick when I started labouring for builders. Still do when I we do work for the same builders, I'm always going to be the whippersnapper in their eyes and it's my own fault, I know I'm going to get a dig but can't help myself when it comes to winding them up! :D

I think we all go through the same thoughts s doing this job sometimes but you d only end up doing the same sh*t for someone alse on the books anyway. But ur right about a labourer...cant find decents 1s and when y do they want a trademans wage