Hand turned coving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avernon

Hello all,

just thought I'd get people's opinions of hand turned coving I.e. with bonding into a picture rail or stop bead. There doesn't seem to be much mentioned about it on here which surprises me as I often find myself being asked to quote for it. Often to match in extensions to older buildings (lots around Liverpool). I was surprised to hear that some of my previous customers have asked upto 3 other plasterers for it and they have declined the job or persuaded them to have flat ceilings instead. I realised it can be a tricky job (especially in older houses) but priced right it can be pretty rewarding when it's finished and looks the t*ts!

did some years ago at leeds uni and round the odd arch must be 20 years ago , but not owt since really, people wil not pay for it and or its not been fashionable

looks like you might have the niche in scouseland marra.............keep it on the down low cos you know whats its like round liverpool..........they'll be nicking your jobs off you................:RpS_thumbup:

we done one in southend a few months back but it takes time. it must have been fashionable in the 30s

Status
Not open for further replies.