Had my pants down?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys. I'm a 28yr old lad from leeds. Who's been brought up on Marshall town, work for a company on books that do bank refurbs hospitals schools etc. my speed is not as a lad on price but my neatness and finish makes up for it ( as it should)

As a big job come in I mucked in with a subby and he was telling me all about refina that they do a plastic trowel that halfs the work of a marchaltown. He's told me to buy a plastic trowel with a spatula and I will save time by going over with those.

Is this true and if so how do I use them properly, he told me to 1st coat with MT flatten with spatula. Lay second with MT then flatten with spatula then agin with spatula then final finish with plastic trowel.

If this is the case does this save much time as you go over your work 7 times were I would go with 5 as I don't flatten I between the 1st and 2nd coats. Also how long do you give between each trowel

Cheers guys ash

hi guys. I'm a 28yr old lad from leeds. Who's been brought up on Marshall town, work for a company on books that do bank refurbs hospitals schools etc. my speed is not as a lad on price but my neatness and finish makes up for it ( as it should)

As a big job come in I mucked in with a subby and he was telling me all about refina that they do a plastic trowel that halfs the work of a marchaltown. He's told me to buy a plastic trowel with a spatula and I will save time by going over with those.

Is this true and if so how do I use them properly, he told me to 1st coat with MT flatten with spatula. Lay second with MT then flatten with spatula then agin with spatula then final finish with plastic trowel.

If this is the case does this save much time as you go over your work 7 times were I would go with 5 as I don't flatten I between the 1st and 2nd coats. Also how long do you give between each trowel

Cheers guys ash
Surely said subby had one with him if he was that impressed so u wouldn't need to ask

Heres my answer
11429728_10205974110785915_5990832589151140287_n.jpg

I don't like spats... doesnt feel right in your hand.

I do like a plastic trowel but they wear quick and scuff easily.

Stick first coat on with Mt then flatten in with spat or speedskim

Second coat the flatten in with spat

I then kick over it with an 18 trowel then finish with s*p*r*lex or plastic..

The plastic and s*p*r*lex trowels reduce the need for water and give a good finish is in the right hands

I don't like spats... doesnt feel right in your hand.

I do like a plastic trowel but they wear quick and scuff easily.

Stick first coat on with Mt then flatten in with spat or speedskim

Second coat the flatten in with spat

I then kick over it with an 18 trowel then finish with s*p*r*lex or plastic..

The plastic and s*p*r*lex trowels reduce the need for water and give a good finish is in the right hands

For someone who don't like spats Danny you sure do a lot of spatting [emoji3]

Apparently MT are bringing a plastic trowel out in the next few weeks,

Plastic is quicker but it's not magic, it just draws less water to the surface than stainless hence why it dries slightly quicker.

Spats are handy for rendering and internal walls, keep 1 hand on the handle and one on the back of the blade, might be just me but it's the most comfortable way I have used them.

If anyone uses the MT plazi, a review would be nice

Flattening in between coats, again, draws water to the top of the first coat which in turn gives you and extra 5 mins to scratch something else on, the extra time can have benefits on larger areas

Status
Not open for further replies.