Had a stroke at 34 years old

I've been overwhelmed guys by all the nice messages I just want someone out there who is stressed to not worry I'm not working for a while Clemo I'm not allowed to drive and I won't get out of hospital until they know why this happened. I'm so proud of myself for seeing clarity and I managed to crawl into the kitchen when I was in the middle of having a stroke so my girls didn't see their daddy on the floor suffering, it really helps to talk about what happened

the no driving is a pain , when i had my bypass i could not drive for 6 weeks and i can never drive a lorry again or be a paid driver.
do not hand your licence in just do not drive for the required time.
you will be tired for a while as your body wants to shut down to repair its self.

A friend of mine had a stroke last year 32 yrs old, couldnt believe it he changed his diet gave up the fags cut down the booze and excercises and hes looking the better for it and just enjoys the slower pace of things. He looks and feels great now and im sure u will too bud[emoji106]

View attachment 17439 im in hospital chaps,, had a stroke yesterday and thought I was going to die. If one good thing has come from this it's made me think about not being obsessed with money and work and to prioritise my life around family and health the only things that reallymatter , thankfully my arms and legs still work and my speech and face is ok

What in the name of good fcuk have you done to yourself corninthenob.
All jokes aside, Jesus I hope your OK. That's a big wake up for ya i tell ya. I thought my accident was a wake up call, by fcuk it was, this has really hit home. 34 yrs old, scary! I'm only a few years older than you and like you, I'm a hungry fcuker but will be reeling it in a bit once I start back. It'll be looking after no1 instead of trying to please everyone.

Can I ask, did you recognise anything recently before this happened. Reason why I ask, my breathing hasn't been great for awhile and am always tired. Ive even had a few flutters of the heart like it struggled to beat then about 6 fast hard beats straight after it. Freaked the bollox out of me! Have you experienced anything like this or was it just came from no where?

What even happened to ya, I know it was a stroke, but was it while working?

Reactions: gps
I just started at the gym again recently and I think all the straining from lifting heavy could have contributed to this I look back at my youth drinking too much and dabbling with other recreational substances and I'm thinking how could I have so little respect for myself? I think the stress and worry of trying to deal with family bereavement on my own something like this has been brewing for a while

hope you have a speedy recovery - remember the most important things in life are your family / friends and the simple things.

What in the name of good fcuk have you done to yourself corninthenob.
All jokes aside, Jesus I hope your OK. That's a big wake up for ya i tell ya. I thought my accident was a wake up call, by fcuk it was, this has really hit home. 34 yrs old, scary! I'm only a few years older than you and like you, I'm a hungry fcuker but will be reeling it in a bit once I start back. It'll be looking after no1 instead of trying to please everyone.

Can I ask, did you recognise anything recently before this happened. Reason why I ask, my breathing hasn't been great for awhile and am always tired. Ive even had a few flutters of the heart like it struggled to beat then about 6 fast hard beats straight after it. Freaked the bollox out of me! Have you experienced anything like this or was it just came from no where?

What even happened to ya, I know it was a stroke, but was it while working?
I was opening Easter eggs with my girls and lostcontrol of my hand I felt a warm fire of pins and needles in my face and I spacked out and crawled into the kitchen so my girls didn't see me my wife rang the ambulance and I've been looked after well since .

What substances?
IMG_6554.JPG

I was opening Easter eggs with my girls and lostcontrol of my hand I felt a warm fire of pins and needles in my face and I spacked out and crawled into the kitchen so my girls didn't see me my wife rang the ambulance and I've been looked after well since .

Scary

Weed cocaine ecstasy

Have ya been on the reccies much? What about the super protein everyone in the gym says they don't take, have you been dabbling with any of this. Have known a few to overdo it with this and paid the price.

What I've also read which set of alarm bells in my head. When were on the smart phones, our heads tilt slightly forward we reduce the oxygen flow to our brains. Continuous use like this can lead to a stroke or heart attacks.

Scary

Have ya been on the reccies much? What about the super protein everyone in the gym says they don't take, have you been dabbling with any of this. Have known a few to overdo it with this and paid the price.

What I've also read which set of alarm bells in my head. When were on the smart phones, our heads tilt slightly forward we reduce the oxygen flow to our brains. Continuous use like this can lead to a stroke or heart attacks.
Yeah loads of protein shakes

Yeah loads of protein shakes

I don't mean the shakes, I mean the super protein as in- over in the dark side that no one ever admits to taking. This can play havoc with your blood pressure/cholesterol and cause a heart attack. I dabbled for awhile just to see what it was like. Amazing stuff but blood pressure through the roof and cholesterol sitting in heart attack scale.

Glad you're doin ok @Cornelius and are seeing the other side of this and being positive.
All the best mate. New start and move forward looking after yourself.

We all push ourselves too hard most of the time. It's the nature of our trade.
Take a step back and look at what we do day in, day out. Most of the time running round like a scalded cat trying to get from one job to another. Throwing cheap fast food down ourselves because there's no time to eat healthy. Then the week ends and because we've been so stressed and tired we drink to ease the pain and chill out.
Just speaking from my own experience but it's not good week after week.

The Reaper don't knock so gotta do all we can to stay one step ahead of the fcker . All the best for a speedy recovery for you and your families future mate.
You still getting away from all in that motorhome?
Keep looking at hymers summin big enough to live in .
Deck the lid out with solar maybe look about find place to build something modest on and go off grid .
My life's pretty chilled out down here but to be honest I'd like to disconnect myself completely with the rat race.
What kind of battery / solar set up do you have and what can you draw off it.
Laptop etc?

We're away in the motorhome now phone turned off when left last Wednesday, up Snowdonia north Wales trip, got no solar coz haven't needed it yet usually ok off grid for a week on my 120ah battery got small dash board mounted solar panel to trickle charge and can do the odd day on a site to hook up electric to fully charge if needed .
Stayed on shell island wild camping for couple nights great place near harlech, caught some mackerel and a whiting for the BBQ then pulled in a farm onway up n asked for few nights there £30 no prob n he let me plug in n use his WiFi . In caernarfon now did the castle but they didn't want a quote for lime coating it !
Off to Anglesey tomoz then llanberis for a stroll up mt Snowdon again before wandering back down .
Prob take couple weeks off to finish log house thing I'm building in garden before I'm back at it till kids off for summer hols.
Motorhomes best move i made hols wise you won't regret it.

Ive also tried some testosterone boosting pills but not in years the protein shakes messed my gut up real bad

Get well soon. I burnt out aged 23 on a trading floor. Collapsed, ambulance heart monitors. I'm trying to follow a Buddhist style existence now with a huge middle finger up to the materialist way of life. I completely changed my whole way of thinking and I sit here laughing at the sheep. Listen to 'watching the wheels' by John Lennon, the lyrics are what you've described about getting off the merry go round......."I just had to let it go".

Ive also tried some testosterone boosting pills but not in years the protein shakes messed my gut up real bad

The shakes are DIRT! IMO, they shouldn't be called protein shakes. That's just a masterstroke in advertising. They are usually whey, and that's a by product of cheese. Humans weren't designed for that dirt. I was the same when training. Them shakes really messed my gut up. My shits where like tar and the smell, ypud have thought someone stuck a septic tank up my arse the smell was that bad.

If I where you, once your out of hospital. Get on the orgoinc veggie juices and eat bucket loads of it aswell because that's what's going to help repair you properly.

Get well soon. I burnt out aged 23 on a trading floor. Collapsed, ambulance heart monitors. I'm trying to follow a Buddhist style existence now with a huge middle finger up to the materialist way of life. I completely changed my whole way of thinking and I sit here laughing at the sheep. Listen to 'watching the wheels' by John Lennon, the lyrics are what you've described about getting off the merry go round......."I just had to let it go".

23! Had you an underlying heart condition?