gypsum bondit rich brown

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

phippsy333

bond-it although cuts back suction ...it dont kill it....there will still be suction through gypsum bond-it its really for creating a key as segs said on the simpletons section thread..ie background being ....tiles, metal lintels,high gloss paints...if your looking to kill suction use gypsum prime. I ve used bond- it on loads of jobs where i could have used pva and it did a good job....a very good job.. , u cant rely on it to kill suction on all backgrounds as ive found out in the past...good stuff tho
put it on here cause of the newbies thread..dont wanna confuse anyone.....i confuse myself way to easily most of the time anyway let alone someone fresh off a course....

i watered the stuff down once, bit too much as it turned out and by god was it 'game on'..
i was nearly in feckin tears trying to trowel up a ceiling and three walls, that was one of the hardest sets of my life!!
nice one phipps..
ill tidy that thread up a bit, we'll keep bond it and stuff in the key bit, if they read that and start wondering about suction and wba they can come on the main forum then... :)

only water it down when painting poured/pre fab concrete before dabbing 50p a square dropping 12 flights of stairs mixed it up 50/50 lovely earner for a friday morning i wish i could do that everyday an putting putty pads round sockets y cant i seem to get any nice little earners like that on sites anymore :mad:

whats a 'putty pad' napper? is that sealing the socket edge with dabbing?

shows how long it is since ive been on a site doesnt it ;D
you would have thought that was the sparkies job..
how does it work then? is it like a square thing that fits round the hole on the back of the board and then accepts the dryline box?

it comes in sheets u can cut it to suit the sides and back of dryling boxes or u can get while pads which u mold round the back of box and the attaching conduit the fixers usually do it last time i was doing them getting 2 quid a socket and could have a floor boxed off by 2 80 odd sockets easy money shame it never lasts haha

nice one..sommat new every day on here 8)
defo one for the faq mate, u wanna go stick a description up?

Am i a simpleton then phippsy ??? lol :(.

I have used bond it plenty of times to reskim over very old not painted finish plaster and have had no hint of it going off to quick what so ever, so in my opinion it has done a fab job of sealing it, where as in the same situation you would need to pva quite a few times to achieve the same suction control.

Rich b

;D
we agree it does work, its just not supposed to be used in that way..
i was advised ON HERE!! to water it down a bit.. although the person in question did mention 'add some pva' which i forgot...
and i think i put too much water in..
basically i was trying to get a full 4x3.6 room out of 1 little tub of wba..
didnt work.. ::)

i always water it down a bit ....sometimes with pva ......fook trying to roll it on neat ;D

spunkybum said:
i always water it down a bit ....sometimes with pva ......fook trying to roll it on neat ;D

Yeah it can be a right t**t to roll neat, the trick is an expensive roller those cheap sponge type ones are crap but a good roller works wonders.
I was working in the dockyard a few years ago dabbing over concrete we had to bond it the concrete first and we were running out of gear but the clerk of the works would not let us water it down or add pva said it could fail, of course he's just protecting his ass.

Rich

great rolling ceilings with it.. you end up looking like you got some tropical desease.. ;D

shiny surface primer for when you got no suction and you wanna skim it.. its in the faq under 'creating a key'

rich..lol..nah never mate your not a simpleton..i said it was on the new to plastering thread ..ie simpletons section...lol...just didnt want to confuse anyone. I agree its good stuff..ive just been caught a couple of times with high suction backgrounds with the stuff..

I used to know someone who would charge the customer for bond-it but use pva with sand in and some blue food colouring..lol..serious.....

How about if you were to unibond it leave it to seal the wall then wickes bonding agent to bond to?? Wouldnt that be more of a sealent than just WBA??

fruitcake said:
How about if you were to unibond it leave it to seal the wall then wickes bonding agent to bond to?? Wouldnt that be more of a sealent than just WBA??
i reckon this threads goin to the dogs..
if you had to seal the wall with pva then you wouldnt need bondit or wba to create a key, youd just get the suction where you want it and wallop..
:'(

Status
Not open for further replies.