Gyproc Dri-Wall Adhesive - Use by date \ Expired?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I plan to dot and dab a wall tomorrow, however when I checked tonight the couple of bags of Gyproc Dri-Wall Adhesive have a used by date as 31st May 2013.

The bags have been stored in doors since purchase.

Will there be any negative effects of using the Adhesive? Searching the forum it would appear that it may go off quicker but will the strength of adhesion be compromised?

Thanks in advance,

Callum

I forgot I had signed up a while ago - as I browsed the forum a while back and most of my original questions had been asked previously! So you cant just say I just joined to ask a question - ha!

Oh, and thanks for the welcome!

Anyone willing to shed some light on the question?

Itll probably set very quickly. Dont risk it, bin it and buy new. Its not expensive enough to worry about

Ive never used it out of date as much as that,but take beddys advice...bin it and buy new:RpS_thumbup:

Thanks Beddy,

I was in my local B&Q today and unfortunately they didn't stock any of the 25Kg bags as it is not a warehouse store.

No hassle, I will pick up a couple of bags on Monday.

If you are only doing a wall, mix up a trowel full when you get up and see how long it takes to set. You will only need it to last 15-20 mins if you dry fit all the boards first then bang it on. Why buy more if it will do the job? IMO the quicker setting, the better.

Seems lime a diy project tony. You or I may be able to bang 3-4 boards on in a matter of minutes but someone doing it themselves might want to take their take

Seems lime a diy project tony. You or I may be able to bang 3-4 boards on in a matter of minutes but someone doing it themselves might want to take their take

You are correct, I am doing this myself. However I have already cut the insulated plasterboard to size with the relevant sockets/lighting cut outs.
Just going to pick up some new gear - saves any potential hassle I guess!

do has tony m suggested and try it , has its insulated board you are using I would go ahead and use it , becoz you should be using a secondary fixing as well

do has tony m suggested and try it , has its insulated board you are using I would go ahead and use it , becoz you should be using a secondary fixing as well

Thanks for the heads up, however I am using twistfix stainless fixings - approx 12 per full board so shouldn't go anywhere once fixed!

On both sides :RpS_thumbup:

Thanks Bubbles.

Would it have a negative effect if I applied it and it wasn't needed?

As I don't plan to skim it till end of Feb would you suggest that I apply it now? Or does it need to be done immediately before skimming?

The room is ~70m^3 inc ceiling so a 20Kg tub should suffice according to the data sheet.

No negative affects.
Apply 24 hrs before you intend to skim and avoid creating dust after application :RpS_thumbup:

Lol sell by/use by dates are just EU bullshit so long as it was stored in a dry place the bags were not open, mix it up and crack on you might just need to work a bit lively that's all

Status
Not open for further replies.