Gyproc Blade Runner Any Good?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went in to Sheffield Insulations last week and the display was full of them. That speaks volumes I think.

my local toolstation have started stocking them. why i dont know. i bet they dont sell many

Total utter crap, I can't believe how anything so bad ever got to market, they even make a round ended bucket trowel seem like a good idea.

i bought one when they first came out got to site tried to use it diddnt like it, took it apart then caught my finger between the blades when trying to put it back together, turns out the magnets are really strong.
it got thrown in a concrete slab that was being poured i think.

I think they are an invaluable tool for the modern day plastering technician , and i just happen to have one for sale £20.00 all in delivered any where in the country, (please note it has had only very little use)

I think they are an invaluable tool for the modern day plastering technician , and i just happen to have one for sale £20.00 all in delivered any where in the country, (please note it has had only very little use)

Theres still a future for you in sales mate :RpS_laugh:

You could maybe get a job on one of those shopping channels selling the blade runner on a good rate of commision. Have you seen those adverts for the bricky?

Yep gotta love em eh, especially those ab crunchers/flab fighting machines, make me howl, there must be thousands of these stuck in a corner with dirty washing or coats hanging from em

'Hi and welcome to PitchTV, I'm Paul and today we've got an exciting new tools for every keen DIYer, The new BLADERRUNNER by Gyproc allows you to slice your fingers off with one easy movement, the special double blade technology allows one blade to concentrate on your skin and flesh and the other to savagely destroy your bones. For one quick payment you will recieve one BLADERUNNER, a pack of blades and a holster. But wait, theres more. Call now and you will recieve another BLADE RUNNER, another pack of blades and another holster, BUT WAIT, THERES MORE!! you will also recieve a VIP pass to your local A&E so when you do use it, you won't have to worry about waiting at the hospital for 5 hours to get your fingers sewn back on'*

* Please not this tool is completely F*****g useless and anyone who buys it deserves to lose their fingers

gave mine to a chippie...
he loves it...
saves him using his nice sharp stanley blades...
true..

but then, he's got no feeling in his fingertips from all the hammer misses over the years so i suppose getting his fingers stuck in it as it comes off the end of the board is actually an advantage to him, saves him having to prise it apart again with his nice sharp chisel i suppose...

only does a little bit of boarding does my mate, and its usually a bit wobbly anyway...

p.s.

if you've got loads of boarding to do thats got loads of curves in it, you know, like curved corners and stuff.... then theyre invaluable...

next time you come across an 'S' shaped cut in a bit of plasterboard though, let us know will you?

There ok if you can set the boards out on tressles and have the room to cut them. Really only good on a 12.5 board and the boards are dry. On 9.5 waste of time
on the the whole a saw will do the same job and a stanley knife.

They must still be selling even though most people dont like them.

They gave a van away last month and are sponsoring some rugby competition non of that comes cheap.

My opinion is they are great in a very limited scenario (as mentioned above) if you have boards stacked on tretles and this is the case all the time then yeah, however life is rarely like that.

I cant remember the last job I did like that to be honest.

yes they sell, because people buy them, try them and realise they are s**t. sales doesnt necessary mean they are any good

only reason i bought one is cos they look fantastic on the promo vid, and work like a dream in theory but in practice.... more hassle than theyre worth.... i reckon theyd sell even more as a loss leader... what are they now? 40 quid when i bought mine..
its just the fact you need to get to both sides of the board simultaneously that f'cks it up... controlling it wouldnt be too bad once you got used to it i suppose...

The only thing ive found them any good for is if you are taking an inch of a board but you can do the same with a saw which is cheaper.

I'm pleased to say I never bought one - they look the business, but they're obviously shoit in practice. Mind you, the only reason I didn't get one is cos I'm a greedy barstard:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.