guns and hoes maaaaaaan

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

spunky

Private Member
ive been told if i wanted to have a go at site mix i'd have to use a 35mm hose straight through to a gun with a larger nozzle incase a bigger grain in the sand comes through .......why would i need to use a 35mm hose and does he mean a larger gun to fit a 35mm hose or a gun with a larger nozzle ???

we'd probably only need 10m of hose and the jobs 2.4m high mind...............shall i just shut up :-\

simplybesty said:
give it up dave, you aint going to spray sitemix. ask merlin about trying to spray with a 35mm hose. ;D ;D ;D
it can be done,no probs , f@ckin hurts ....................but no prob, ::)

If your using ready mixed mortar on a gravity fed like a monojet say would you still have a bit of water going into the chamber what would be the set up ?

We've been spraying k rend standard uf base this week and it's the cleanest product i've sprayed to date, nice mortar fellas, we have after a small setback now been applying roughcast and seem to be on the money.

Chippings are 6mm, we are hand applying the butter coat, it aint no hardship then toppping it with roughcast, it's relly messy but if you mask up well no problem. I think it would be a real pain in the arse if we weren't used to masking up. We are impressed with the UF base though, on one bay we used k-mix as a base due to lack of delivery and it was messy and spitty the uf base is clean no masking around windows and wipes down easy, i think it's the best stuff we've sprayed to date, and rubs up a treat.

You are right to mask everything it may piss you off but saves you twice the work , I do like the k dash goes on much nicer than traditional method .

Uf base is beautiful to spray and work with, quite happy using that instead of two pass egrade and very little mess with it. First post with a new phone, only took twenty minutes..

spunky said:
ive been told if i wanted to have a go at site mix i'd have to use a 35mm hose straight through to a gun with a larger nozzle incase a bigger grain in the sand comes through .......why would i need to use a 35mm hose and does he mean a larger gun to fit a 35mm hose or a gun with a larger nozzle ???
we used to spray site mix with a putzmeister P13 no probs , used to pump it 100m easy.

Merlin the cleanest way we find to spray HPX is with the ritmo, the compressor is wimpy and that helps, we apply it in lines then spread it with a swiss trowel, seems to work for us.

What me simps and merlin found easiest to do was to spray about 12 bags absolutly everywhere then clean out and apply the 3 1/2 bags we needed by hand and waste about 4 1/2 hours in the process ..... Quite a productive day lol

me and merlin just had to find out our way, the area around the machine did look like something from the swiss alps i must admit. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Fair play if you lads are spraying that s**t , its a great product but wouldn't like to use it every day .

Status
Not open for further replies.