Guild of master craftsmen

Status
Not open for further replies.

kane

Alright lads Think this has come up before but wanted to know peoples opinions if their worth joinning?Cheers Matt.

no just get a good reputation guild of whatever means feck all but if they do a gold card go fit it cos you get more work then apparently ;D ;D ;D

There is NO definative answer mate!

To some potential customers it will mean something, to others it wont.

So its kind of a gamble, you may join and get quite a lot out of it, or, the exact oposite might happen.

But a lot of things in business are like that, you could spend £500 on a yellow pages add one year and get nowt, and the next year you might get £10 grands worth of work off it.

The thing is with it...its doesnt really prove your a competant plasterer or tradesman.
But what does nowdays???? spreads with an nqv can be ruff as fcuk.
I can see real benefits of the Guild ,some peole especially elderly,and more wealthy people will be taken in by it.I can also see you could charge more than another spread and prob get work becuse ur in the " Guild ".
you wont no till ya try it !!! like you rightly pointed out theres no definitve answer on this one

they only wabt ya cash im with a company that mad out they selected me. theni did a job 4 them in there office and sore how they ran.. they look online ringin every1 up sayin they think there r8 and try 2 sign them!

Just another advertising stunt really,thats all it is.
They have rung me a few times a very posh likable bloke rings around approaching you.
i can see that some customers would take to it.
Ive been asked by clients in the past you got nvq s???? im honest with them and say no i havent,but i dont want any money up front you pay only when your happy and i can give you 100 phone numbers of happy customers i done work for over the last 20+ years.
Heres my nvq ..... Not Very Qualified ...... but very capable.

I looked at them 2 Flynnyman,But joe public wont of heard of them will they? And GMC 50/50 i spose!

pftmonojetman said:
flynnyman said:
You need NVQ3 minimum or full apprenticeship to join these boys

thats what i mean more credible, just left a firm they are a member of GOMC, NHBC and EBC and they are a joke so that tells you what they are worth but people need some hope thats what the cscs is, it gives customers some hope but recomendations are best but you cant wait for the phone to ring waiting on recomendations.

spunky said:
cscs is a joke any monkey can get one

The CSCS card is only proof that you've done some form of H&S training is the trade details on the back that stop people getting on certain sites. As much as it hurts to say it we've all known for several years that its been coming and funding as been out there so it didn't cost anything, and it still is in my area (derbys).

I have been in the business for 35 years now having spent my last 4 years in Spain i had to sit a CSCS test just to get onto a bloody job... I cant see any reason to join a Guild unless you want to enter competitions and showcase your work which if you ever get into a situation where you have a prestidgeous job to showcase then join then and get your name in lights... I agree with the lad that said he does the work and gets paid on completion... cant say fairer than that

Status
Not open for further replies.