Guide to traditional lime render?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackospread

Can anyone tell me the info on lime render? Been asked about a job on a Victorian property in Oxford. Looks 'yellow' apparently. Only used to sand and cement...
Ta.

each coat takes minimum 7 days to carbonate, each coat has to be protected fron sun, wind and or frost, each coat has to be nurtured, ie mist spay it a few time a day to stop it cracking, top coat can be any colour you want its defined by the sand you buy, you need NHL 3.5 lime mortar

each coat takes minimum 7 days to carbonate, each coat has to be protected fron sun, wind and or frost, each coat has to be nurtured, ie mist spay it a few time a day to stop it cracking, top coat can be any colour you want its defined by the sand you buy, you need NHL 3.5 lime mortar

how your head RS he is getting better advise than i did :RpS_thumbup:

I regularly use putty lime based renders and plasters mostly on cobb substrates and occasionally on soft porous brick, a lot more time and patience is required than with cementitious renders in mixing, preparation, application and tending. I have a system which have been using to great effect for some years. Used correctly, the material can be very rewarding if you are prepared to invest the time in proper research and getting to know the material, environmental factors also need to be considered . What do you want to know??

Status
Not open for further replies.