Guarantee on render

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalsicknote

I've been asked to supply a 10 year guarantee on a plain face render job. i'll use a bagged render so thats covered by the manufacturer. but the contracts manager wants an insurance backed guarantee on the application incase our company goes down the pan. anyone had the same situation.

thanks

its the norm mate for any commercial site the warranties are back to back contractor/manufacturer and they tend to ask for insurance backed from the contractor too

On these warranties mate lets be clear, the manufacturer is only warranting the product material 9 times out of ten that rules them out of any deffect, unless it changes colour overnight its pretty much your ass they come after.

the modern products are plugged and pushed by reps giving "its gauranteed" "its maintanance free" that stupidly the industry buy into, they think they are getting all this wonderfull work that is gauranteed to look great forever, its only the same as the old gear as in its out in the british weaher every day all year and eventually it will need maintenance but the manufactureres aint bothred because like I already said 9 times out of ten they are in the clear. Nothing that is outside in this country will ever be maintenance free, ever.

the warranty thing is bull, its a sales ploy and a buy in the the nhbc 10 new home warranty bull so they can get passed for new builds.

Plasterjfe has a great point, we have just finished a job with 17,000 m2 of OCR3, there was loads of problems with cracking, reps came out from the start and every 4-5 weeks and said we were doing everything to there specs, after 80% job done cracks started appearing around heads, middle of walls, basically it could happen anywhere and everywhere, the rep just didnt want to know, the only way they wud av got involved if the blocks had a key that you could climb up, the temp had been a constant 15c with 2 geshia girls gently fanning the render for 2 weeks after application and no paint (unless thier paint) was applied. Never trust a rep, ever, ever ever. We once had a complaint with the 'white' pral was not white, the rep got out of his car and laughed 'thats not white' i siad it's supposed to be, he said no way!! he looked at the side of the empty bag and said 'yeah that's defantaly white' !! tossa, when threatend with court they paid out compo to paint it !!!!! In my opinion, 75% of reps are spreads that couldn't hack it on site!! rant over lol off t bed !!

I wish they were 75% ex spreads none of em has seen a trowel, with the exception of 1 that i know (a goodn too), most of em used to sell bricks or insulation or flags

The terra firma under foot moves, so does it absorb moisture which creates movement, then low and behold it dries out at times causing movement, Grand is right to suspect pink mesh is a wrongun, never guarantee any render or plaster, the World is moving really fast too!

Anyone who guarantees render must be of there rocker you are putting it on a new build built by some one else or an older property with all kinds of possible probs.

true lucius

most new block is nearly always rendered straight away - it supposed to be left for, 8 weeks min (i think its 8 weeks but cant remember) anyway most new stuff moves, especially timber frame.

Quite right mate, when i was Germany late 70s earlier 80s new builds werent even scratched coated for a year to allow for settlement,

Bang on Lucius, i worked for a German over there he wound'nt touch anything unless it had been up for 18 months.

10n years int that long to guarantee something when you consider how often you have had to remove 10 year old defective render. And the cracks i have come across are rarely the renders fault.
I have had firms blaming us for defects only because its the render that looks damaged. after an inspection we proved in this case that the timber frame had settled more than the expansion joint allowed and they paid us for the work retention untouched.
Probably with larger firms they just wont give you the chance to defend their claims. wankers

10n years int that long to guarantee something when you consider how often you have had to remove 10 year old defective render. And the cracks i have come across are rarely the renders fault.
I have had firms blaming us for defects only because its the render that looks damaged. after an inspection we proved in this case that the timber frame had settled more than the expansion joint allowed and they paid us for the work retention untouched.
Probably with larger firms they just wont give you the chance to defend their claims. wankers

right again

Status
Not open for further replies.