Got a new toy today!!

Members online

reeves1985

20160922_102510.jpg 20160922_095604.jpg 20160922_095609.jpg

Brand new ox utraflex.

Haven't used it yet but I physically compared it to the s*p*r*lex 1 and 2 by refina and it's definitely the better trowel to the feel ad also the most flexible.

Also a little dicky birse tells me it's actually a nela trowel branded ox :inocente:

I am yet to find anything made by ox that seems of any quality. Everything from levels to buckets seem to be cheap and poorly made. Get what you pay for usually, and its all cheap!

Although apparently Kia make some good cars so what do I know ? :)

I have one and a nela one and they are made by the same people... same shank, blade and even have made in germany stamped in the same place.... i thought ox was an ozzy firm ???

I am yet to find anything made by ox that seems of any quality. Everything from levels to buckets seem to be cheap and poorly made. Get what you pay for usually, and its all cheap!

I have sold my mt trowels and replaced them all with ox... alot cheaper and lovely to use bud...

Nowt wrong with ox tools
Old boy who does a bit with me swears by his 14" stainless.

I used it this afternoon and I must say I'm impressed with it.
Feels great in the hand and feels solid unlike the Refina I tested a couple of years ago.

Your right it's made by the same people and distributed by ox even has the ox logo at exactly the same place as the nela!

I've been a fan of the plazi refina for a while but I think this may well replace it.
It's got enough flex to keep the set smooth whilst having enough stiffness to stop any bumps or stripes.

Although it won't cheap at £45 I'm pleased with it so far

Time will tell if it's durable for everyday use

They are an Oz firm mate massive over there.
They've bought into branding and distribution from said manufacturer apparently. Which is why it's a re branded nela.

I suppose Ryan will be able to confirm this properly as they distribute nela over here

The nela works out dearer

£33.39 + VAT plus £8 delivery = £48.07

Ox £45

Same trowel

Doesn't matter what make it is to me as long as it does the job

What size
It looks tiny. Mind you I did get a 16" and because they are narrower than a standard trowel it looks massive

their jointing knifes are good