Gorilla tubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper

Private Member
Just been down to B&Q and bought a new tub at £4.94 + vat. Guy serving me says Asda are doing the same tub for £3. Fill yer boots!!!!

got myself a giant sized one from wickes for about 8 quid yesterday. Ideal for mixing plaster and cheap as chips.

cudnt imagine mixing finish in one never mind bending down and scooping out of one all day it will fcuk yers later on .there alright for adhesive tho

WHAT?? C'mon man, Gorilla tubs are a great invention. Your stuff just falls off the sides when dry and they are super easy to handle. I've got every size. I even have a pink one :RpS_love:

Just kick that tub around the room when your finished and watch the plaster just fall out. Only self cleaning tub on the market. Yep A great invention.

i got one from asda a few months back. went to get another one thursday night and theyve stopped selling them. i only use them to carry s**t to the skip or for mixing bonding and hardwall

And that's all they're any good for Steve, I've never had a decent spread work for me that's used one for skimming. How hard is it and how long does it take to wash a decent rigid bucket out once you've got a hit on and before you start troweling?

I've got loads of buckets, builders buckets, different size gorilla tubs, a couple of tall mixing buckets.
It doesn't matter what it's mixed in as long as it gets on the walls, who cares:huh:
Using a certain type of bucket doesn't make anyone a better plasterer:RpS_laugh:
I've seen some rite rough so called spreads using the tall mixing buckets & a spot board,
but I've also seen good spreads using gorilla tubs :RpS_biggrin:
So if it works for ya go for it :RpS_thumbup:
I use what I need to use at the time, bucket or spot :RpS_thumbsup:
I always wash them gorilla tubs out I never let it set in them:RpS_wink:

I bet the customer don't give a 5hit what you mix in:RpS_laugh:

I bet there's people on here who have had to skim a landing ceiling & thought I better use my tall mixing bucket & spot board because if I don't I'll look like a 5hit plasterer :RpS_lol::RpS_lol:

there crap for mixing finish in you get to much air going into the mix sending it off quicker tall mixing bucket all the time for us

I like mixing in a painters paint kettle and applying with a caulker, it's the future:RpS_thumbup: oh and i cut all my boards with my trusty blade runner:RpS_wink:

I can see how they save space in tight areas , but id rather save the wear and tear on my wrist , so i will never use one , good luck to those who use them crack on .

I've got loads of buckets, builders buckets, different size gorilla tubs, a couple of tall mixing buckets.
It doesn't matter what it's mixed in as long as it gets on the walls, who cares:huh:
Using a certain type of bucket doesn't make anyone a better plasterer:RpS_laugh:
I've seen some rite rough so called spreads using the tall mixing buckets & a spot board,
but I've also seen good spreads using gorilla tubs :RpS_biggrin:
So if it works for ya go for it :RpS_thumbup:
I use what I need to use at the time, bucket or spot :RpS_thumbsup:
I always wash them gorilla tubs out I never let it set in them:RpS_wink:

I bet the customer don't give a 5hit what you mix in:RpS_laugh:

I bet there's people on here who have had to skim a landing ceiling & thought I better use my tall mixing bucket & spot board because if I don't I'll look like a 5hit plasterer :RpS_lol::RpS_lol:
:RpS_thumbup:

reverse spiral whisk helps... helps a lot...

I know a bloke who used to drop a bucket in a plastic dustbin and mix like that... saves all the mess..

and I've never had the handle suddenly disengage from the bucket halfway up the stairs with a gorilla tub..

i use mine for everything from tile adhesive to rubble... 2 tubs is all 1 bloke ever needs... 1 wet, one full of whatever muck youre using..

Never had any trouble mixing skim in them!
I do prefer mixing in a tall bucket if I'm using a spot.
But if i have'nt got the room for a spot I'll use a gorilla tub.:RpS_thumbup:
Everyone has there own way:RpS_wink:

Always use them. But i nearly always do a 1 1/2 bag mixes. If its a 1 bag mix, i use a tall bucket, but any more its a gorilla bucket using a megamixer!!

i bought some of them gorrila tubs from asda but because i got two blue ones my missus nicked em for the little lads toys. ill hit her over the head with them if she nicks the next lot. ha ha

Never had any trouble mixing skim in them!
I do prefer mixing in a tall bucket if I'm using a spot.
But if i have'nt got the room for a spot I'll use a gorilla tub.:RpS_thumbup:
Everyone has there own way:RpS_wink:

I just mean the skim flys everywhere when mixing,(annoying when in someones house) unless the whisk is covered by the plaster, I.e a 2 bager....I also notice the gear goes off alot quicker in them, I will use them though if working on a h/s/l or tight space, but lately I just work out tall White bucket in tight spaces...lol

I just mean the skim flys everywhere when mixing,(annoying when in someones house) unless the whisk is covered by the plaster, I.e a 2 bager....I also notice the gear goes off alot quicker in them, I will use them though if working on a h/s/l or tight space, but lately I just work out tall White bucket in tight spaces...lol
it does go off quiker due to air entrainment

kin ell twitcher.... you'd better contact the patent office sharpish mate, i'd buy one, or maybe 2...

innit...
surprised no ones thought of it before...
might have issues with balancing em, or maybe flexibility / tight radius whatever, but seeing as gorilla used to be 3 quid everyday from wickes, and theyre now more like 9 quid, shows allsorts of people have cottoned on to the idea of a virtually indestructible bucket - one reason why i like em so much, and the fact that you just sort of grip both handles and away you go up the stairs, scaffold, squeeze em through silly gaps, chuck em off the scaff when theyre empty...

tall version would virtually eliminate that little bit of dry mix you can sometimes get in the bottom of the biguns, theyd mix up quicker with less air etc etc etc... do it man...

I have tall skimming backets, they are good and I use to use them a lot but I like gorilla tubs especially when its not possible to use a b+S

Status
Not open for further replies.