Good Evening All, Just Joined

Members online

Big Dunc

Hi, am a total beginner in this world. I skimmed my first plasterboard wall the other day with 2 coats and it doesn't look great. Really struggled to get enough plaster on the wall within the workable time, made the mix a little dry and lost the first hawks worth over another wall so wasted another 5 mins cleaning up before starting. Can I re-skim the wall once it's fully dry? Or will it need painting with PVA/Water 3:1 or that blue s**t before attempting it again? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers D

Hi, am a total beginner in this world. I skimmed my first plasterboard wall the other day with 2 coats and it doesn't look great. Really struggled to get enough plaster on the wall within the workable time, made the mix a little dry and lost the first hawks worth over another wall so wasted another 5 mins cleaning up before starting. Can I re-skim the wall once it's fully dry? Or will it need painting with PVA/Water 3:1 or that blue s**t before attempting it again? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers D
Why would you want to put yourself through all that again?

Cheers D

Piss thin coat of pva first, then thicker coat.

Put less on your hawk, and keep it close to the wall, until you can get it off confidently.

Cheers D
Cheer up mate you did alright in my opinion ,

Hawk √

Cheers D

Keep at it... if you get thicker coat on you have more to sand off and at some point it will get flat