Gone to far!

Members online

I really dont understand the logic behind it...

Seems like they are trying to justify adding the extra tax :D

Wales are considering it as well... and lets be honest the welsh tourist industry is on its arse so lets tax them hard while they frown their sorrows

Wales are considering it as well... and lets be honest the welsh tourist industry is on its arse so lets tax them hard while they frown their sorrows
Won't make a blind bit of difference.

Have you ever been to Scotland ? It’s a nation of
Alcoholics

haha.png

Surely that has nothing to do with brexit! Are they trying to say prices are up and we need to work more and drink less? For sure not, I mean the economy is booming, every one is happy , future looks bright and no, I haven’t got it right when I said prices will pile up and we will have increase across the boarder of 30%. Yeah, I wasn’t right! That prediction was after the brexit actually happens and we are not even half way through! And spare me the scaremongering scenario @gps ! You need to come up with a different idea now!

Surely that has nothing to do with brexit! Are they trying to say prices are up and we need to work more and drink less? For sure not, I mean the economy is booming, every one is happy , future looks bright and no, I haven’t got it right when I said prices will pile up and we will have increase across the boarder of 30%. Yeah, I wasn’t right! That prediction was after the brexit actually happens and we are not even half way through! And spare me the scaremongering scenario @gps ! You need to come up with a different idea now!

The idea is to get people drinking less, at least that’s the excuse, reality though it’s just a tax

What they are doing is punishing the ones that like to have a drink now again because of the alcoholics that abuse it. Alcoholism is a disease though so putting a £3 bottle of scrumpy jack up to £11 will only mean they have less money for other things like food. What about the kids of alcoholics who barely get fed as it is, there will be less free cash in these households so they will suffer. It's the culture of drinking that needs to change not the price. I've no idea how though! Look at Spain, its cheaper for beer than it is for water but the country isn't full of alcoholics.

If your an alcoholic and you have to find 3 quid for a bottle of frosty jacks...then it goes to 11 quid,then you have to find it by hook or by crook....shoplifting, robbing, etc.....nonsense, won't do anything to discourage alcoholics.

What they are doing is punishing the ones that like to have a drink now again because of the alcoholics that abuse it. Alcoholism is a disease though so putting a £3 bottle of scrumpy jack up to £11 will only mean they have less money for other things like food. What about the kids of alcoholics who barely get fed as it is, there will be less free cash in these households so they will suffer. It's the culture of drinking that needs to change not the price. I've no idea how though! Look at Spain, its cheaper for beer than it is for water but the country isn't full of alcoholics.

I hope you are sitting down, I totally agree with you.

Same as everything now.
They are trying to tackle the symptoms not the disease. Won't make any difference whatsoever.

Of course this also means it will cost the government more for registered alcoholics prescription fees. Why you ask ? Well because registered alcoholics in reciept of benefits currently get about an extra 17 quid a day for booze if I remember right. Also remember coming off alcohol is more dangerous than coming off smack. Going cold turkey off alcohol will kill you apparently.

Of course this also means it will cost the government more for registered alcoholics prescription fees. Why you ask ? Well because registered alcoholics in reciept of benefits currently get about an extra 17 quid a day for booze if I remember right. Also remember coming off alcohol is more dangerous than coming off smack. Going cold turkey off alcohol will kill you apparently.
It's killing me.

Until they do the same think with lemonade it won't really effect the southerners ;) it's another tax on the poorest in our communities also are they trying to put companies out of business?

Bootlegging and illegal distillery’s will prosper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't remember right. A close fried of mine completely incapacitated herself with drink a few years back and she never got one penny for beer. It's a myth. I know more than one person on the dole who easily qualifies as alcohol dependent and would definitely have their hand out for that benefit did it exist.

She did, however, end up qualifying for some funky benefit ...SLA or something, it was called. It's a non means tested benefit that's for people that the state has basically given up on. I think it's about £140 a week.

So far as I know, she'll get that until she reaches pensionable age, whether she is in work or not. This may be where the confusion comes from but it's for being a basket case and not really anything to do with alcoholism directly.

The idea is to get people drinking less, at least that’s the excuse, reality though it’s just a tax
Now I know why they are increasing the supermarket food.The government actually cares about us and want us to end up with organic and free range food on the table.

Shite football teams.......cold,dark and rainy........the potential to be, and or sire a ginger.........who wouldn’t be an alcoholic?