GOLD TROWEL...

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marky1981

Just enrolled myself on the 10 day Plastering Course Goldtrowel offer.....

Earliest I could get on was July 7th - July 18th, seems quite a way off, but at least i'm on!

Anyone done the course? Any tips/advice? Did you find it a useful stepping stone for employment?

I've never picked up a trowel before, but i'm looking forward to it!

Cheers

Marky

finished the 10 day course friday just gone, great bunch of blokes, you'll learn loads, be prepared for an aching arm, got 3 ceilings lined up so far, got plaster in my eye in the second week, bloody sore, only feeling better today, so wear glasses on the ceilings untill you get confident, they also have a good cafe there now, i travelled there everyday but most of the blokes were staying at the fisheries, anything else you need to know dont hesitate to ask, all the best!

if you want to learn plastering forget the courses there a waste of money they wind you in like a fish, full of false promises like you will earn so much in a week it's complete garbage otherwise we'd all be plasterers earning a grand per week, go with a spread and learn the trade he'll show you what they can teach you in half the time and you'll get paid for it

Mr Nicksey, you obviously don't know then GT guys. Got my NVQL2 City & Guilds plus I can spread and yet you never stop learning. They don't wind you in if they have the clout to deliver. I know some centres do, however, when I was on course some guy there did one in Kent, did three days and got a refund due to the fact he was not really learning anything. And yet when he went to Goldtrowel, he has since done the same as me. Mind you Im off to OZ and he now works on Site for SISK in London due to the fact that he went to those guys.

if you want to learn plastering forget the courses there a waste of money they wind you in like a fish, full of false promises like you will earn so much in a week it's complete garbage otherwise we'd all be plasterers earning a grand per week, go with a spread and learn the trade he'll show you what they can teach you in half the time and you'll get paid for it

I do take your point Nicksey. However, when i decided i wanted to get into Plastering, I sent Cv's, covering letters and made calls to Plastering firms throughout my local area (Oxfordshire) asking for work as a Plasterers Labourer to no avail.

From this site i have found out that ableskills should be avoided like the plague, but on the whole Goldtrowel seem to be well recommended.

Don't feel i have anything to lose really.

just a word of warning dont slag off golden trowel or theyll take there bat and ball off you and sue you and shut your website down they did it with the ebuild plastering forum when a few of the lads were a bit less than complimentary about there set up you have beeen warned

true murph i wont be specific about courses i'll just generalise about them ;)

more of a leg-end mate :-X bit quiet on there theres still posts from 1pm can't believe it wouldve thought weve had a few beers by now work or not?? or is everyone scared theyll get banned ;D ;D

cheers though mate and i hope you can still sleep at night without the skin peeling off youre back!

Cant go wrong with gold trowel, I owe my career to them really!!

I do strongly beleive that if you put the work in all the training centers will teach you what you need to GET STARTED however its what you do after the course that when you do the real learning

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.