Gold blade m town

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't really go wrong with a marsh trowel, i think the blade should be real gold tho, the feckin price of them! £40 quidish last time I got one, but last a lifetime tho with a bit of tlc:RpS_thumbup:

i have had several marshell towns the gold blade gives the best finish but most of them go the wrong way!
try a kraft trowell made in usa. half the price, also do a gold blade most sizes. the leather handle is the most expensive but only available in usa. wooden handle and durasoft are available in uk

get ya sell to aldi and get a proper trowel.....non of that marshalltown shite in them stores...........:RpS_thumbsup:

get ya sell to aldi and get a proper trowel.....non of that marshalltown shite in them stores...........:RpS_thumbsup:
Just seen them, £4.99 each - not bad for a dotting trowel. Hawks/hand boards are £6.99.

Hi JR,

I've always liked MT trowels. Some people prefer more flexible trowels as opposed to the stiffer MT's but it's all a matter of personal preference.

The Golden SS Permashape trowels are almost exactly the same as the standard SS Permashape trowels. The only difference being the gold band on the handle and the galvanised golden coating. After a few weeks of use you will find that the golden colour on the face of the trowel wears away to reveal a shiny SS core. The only part of the trowel that will remain golden is the back.

All Permashape trowels are supposed to maintain their shape and when new have a 2-3mm taper on the toe and heel (some people refer to them as "Banana" shaped). From regular use you will find that the taper increases slightly but you can overcome this if you apply pressure evenly along the edge. To verify this, simply hold the edge of your trowel on a flat surface and apply some pressure. When you're trowelling up in the corners, you may find that it's necessary to tilt the toe slightly to compensate for the taper.

If you prefer straight trowels, then you should purchase the Golden "Flat" SS trowel. It has a 0.5-1mm taper on both ends. It's more difficult to find in this country and you may need to import it from the USA. I know many people would advise that you buy from a shop to allow you to check the trowel in advance, but I wouldn't discredit all of the reputable websites that sell trowels. From my experience, if you receive a trowel that is not to your liking, simply contact them explaining the situation and since it is considered "defective" they should pay for the return postage costs. You could also ask them to inspect the trowel for consistency before sending it out aswell.

In general, I have both the "Flat" and "Banana" SS trowels. I use the flat for laying on, first and second lay downs and then I switch to the banana for the the final lay down (if needed) before the wet trowel.

Best regards,

Minh

i have had several marshell towns the gold blade gives the best finish but most of them go the wrong way!
try a kraft trowell made in usa. half the price, also do a gold blade most sizes. the leather handle is the most expensive but only available in usa. wooden handle and durasoft are available in uk
do you like those kraft trowels then malc? i had the 16 in one thought ide give it a try a change from mt i bought the ss blade that rusted up in a week rust spots all over blade i had the leather handle aswell you can get them in this country from a company i think they are called dry lining supplies the handle was best thing about the trowel really comfy to use i sent it back and had the mt gold blade 16 in awsome trowel

just want to share a pic with u lads
after roughly 1 year use
IMAG0417.jpg

Buy a trowel in a shop regardless of price difference to online. You need to be able to hold it. Check the blade. Look down the edge see what shape it is
Yep that's old school and what I like to do,you can have 5 trowels all the same make and model but only one will be good and straight and the rivets look stronger
Well that's me anyway

Buy a trowel in a shop regardless of price difference to online. You need to be able to hold it. Check the blade. Look down the edge see what shape it is

unless its a permashape... then its meant to be banana shaped :D

Status
Not open for further replies.