Goggles and safety - anyone else find it a real pain the ass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jut2y

Anyone else think that goggles are more of a hazard than not wearing any at all?

Currently on site abiding by all the safety rules but finding it hard to wear googles as they they steam up leaving me with foggy vision. Surely that's a Heath and safety issue?

Not only that but we are a finishing trade, goggles distort what you see!

I can see myself falling out with the site agent!

Can you not wear safety glasses instead.:RpS_thumbup:
I've got some with lights on somewhere - don't know why I mentioned that though :RpS_confused:

could not agree more mate, f---ing pain in the ass,, i am also working in worthing at the moment on a new building going up on a gsk (beechams) site,, h and s is crazy

Not good i had it working on a isg site, our qs asked them to sign a disclaimer incase we get dermatitis from hands sweating ( as we had to wear gloves and he was testing water) they wouldn't so we didn't have to wear gloves but rest is piss take specially when u take them off and see brick work u have to get over

Pain in the ass but using an angry grinder this weekend I still wear them... we wont talk about gloves as the grinder swallowed that :)

I think its a case of if they are making you wear them then find a pair that are comfortable to wear :)

Danny

PS when I was on site they told me off for wearing vests :) I needed to wear long slaves etc... that wound me up so much so I wanted to kick a kitten through and electric fan (figure of speech)

Glasses are crap steam up,scratch easy,site I'm on let you take them off if raining,some safety rules are a joke,made up by some knob in a office,

I wad told on site not to wear shorts due to the risks of skin cancer yet I was allowed to wear short sleeved t-shirt...I'm pretty sure the site manager was talking out of his bumhole

I've never been made to wear safety glasses but have tried them and they steamed up within seconds of starting work and were taken off immediately as I couldn't see what I was doing or were I was going, definitely not safe for me.

I've had a newkie brown ale crate as a hop up for years and was told once that I could not use it as it has not been load tested. Until last year I was about 19 and a half stone and had stepped on that crate God knows how many thousand times, if that's not load tested I don't know what is.

I have the same problem with goggles, they steam up instantly....crap

Dewalt do a pair of lightweight safety glasses that are pretty comfortable iv tried loads of pairs and these seem about the best £3ish a pair from screwfix, having once been rushed to a&e to get limelite flushed out my eyeball I wear them all the time now, you only get the one pair of eyes its important to look after them.

Currently up in the midlands working as things were slow back in Worthing . Been up here 7 days and already sat through 3 inductions !

Healthy and safety gone mad...game of cankers anyone?!

Currently up in the midlands working as things were slow back in Worthing . Been up here 7 days and already sat through 3 inductions !

Healthy and safety gone mad...game of cankers anyone?!

cankers !! See the goggles are affecting my everyday sight .....

game of conkers anyone!!

Put some fairy liquid on a tissue and rub it on the inside of the goggles. That will help to stop them steaming up.

Had a site agent tell me not to leave my jerry can outside the plot a few weeks ago, a couple of days later there safety officer b0lloxs me for having it inside the plot. Cant have it inside cant have outside im running out of ideas where to put it.

Had a site agent tell me not to leave my jerry can outside the plot a few weeks ago, a couple of days later there safety officer b0lloxs me for having it inside the plot. Cant have it inside cant have outside im running out of ideas where to put it.
put it up the safety officers arse ......can't get much safer than that..:RpS_thumbsup:

i was on site one day and needed a poo there was no loo, so i had a crap in a multi bag took it out side and thought it would be a good idea to burn it. The wind came along and blew all the ash away and left this HUGE turd! any way the h/s bloke came round to see me and walked right through it :RpS_thumbup:

Back to saftey glasses, I need glasses anyway so i got my mate who has a glasses shop to make me a perscription pair.
I looked like ali g :RpS_mad:

Pain in the ass but using an angry grinder this weekend I still wear them... we wont talk about gloves as the grinder swallowed that :)

I think its a case of if they are making you wear them then find a pair that are comfortable to wear :)

Danny

PS when I was on site they told me off for wearing vests :) I needed to wear long slaves etc... that wound me up so much so I wanted to kick a kitten through and electric fan (figure of speech)

Where did you purchase these long slaves from? Canada? Darkest Peru?

I use em wet dash only and the F*****g things would be lime covered after half an hour, do they get the painters to wear goggles??:RpS_thumbdn: tell h and s the glasses give u a headache/migraine and that u turn into the incredible hulk, works 4 me.

The law for PAT testing states that a periodical test should be carried out but does not say how often and the 1st part of the test is a visual one anyway. Mind you that's not much good when your safety glasses have steamed up and you can't see diddly. By the way you want to try wearing safety glasses when you wear glasses in the 1st place, twice as much dust and steam on them.

bit off topic but firm I used work for made us wear hi vis jacket , gloves, googles AND safety helmet any time we went up a ladder.Any type of ladder inc stepladder, even if just one rung, manager used to make suprise visits and give us official warning if 1 thing missing, p@#$k!

The law for PAT testing states that a periodical test should be carried out but does not say how often and the 1st part of the test is a visual one anyway. Mind you that's not much good when your safety glasses have steamed up and you can't see diddly. By the way you want to try wearing safety glasses when you wear glasses in the 1st place, twice as much dust and steam on them.

Cant you buy prescription safety specs?

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Whose law for pat testing? The hse have no legal regulations regarding pat testing, any site pat test regs are set purely by the builders own h&s policy,

Whose law for pat testing? The hse have no legal regulations regarding pat testing, any site pat test regs are set purely by the builders own h&s policy,

OK not the law then but the ACOP which you will have to defend yourself against in a court of law if anything goes wrong

i think all the site agents wear safety glasses believing the spreads wont hit a man wearing glasses

Is it true the company is obliged to supply script safety specs i asked for a pair once telling h/s this the smart arse came back with a visor.

tje only truth is that your "protecting" tpu're health and the health of you're workmates, ie. im blind, my workmates are ******..............

Status
Not open for further replies.