give us a price(undercut bigtime)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iain_flanagan

put a price in on a self build  4/5 bed with pitched roofs and a dormers 700 m2 in total,was reccomended from the brickies ,what sort of price would you av put in,bloke dead fussy was going to roll all the pitched ceiling and do a quality job 2-1 gang board and skim and some really tricky angles upstairs,we were middle of the qoutes found out off the brickies,some one put in a fooking stupid cheap price in my opinion hope it blows up in his face

tell ya one thing mate,just hope he dont ring us up when it goes tits up,make out that they want quality workmanship,looks to me like there goin to get a fookin cheap jack job which is a shame cause the build quality is really good

i would have quoted about 5600 labour only... trouble is the customer bangs on about quality but when it comes down to it they wouldnt know quality if it bit them in the ass..all they are interested in is gettin the job done as cheap as possible... weve just come off a job board and skim some flats.. another gang was on site on 85 a day.. yep you guessed it .. theyre flats were shite.. one was 3in out of square , in the kitchen aswell !!.. boards were flapping at the bottom ... you get what you pay for

hit the nail onthe head there mate ,he as already been told by the brickies that cheap isnt the best and i now the brickies aint cheap mind ya when they get to this point they are running out of money,problem is this is going to be the finished product internally

done hundreds of them at £5.00 per meter =£3500 with continues work on price work, but for a 1 off, I would price £4500

Status
Not open for further replies.