gettking in between sockets...

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrSpoon85

how on earth are you supposed to skim a wall with 3 sockets all dangling off about 3cm apart with a boiler 1 inch above them all :-? tis impossible!! ive got to go back and use filler and good old fashioned sand paper :-X

Take em off: power off, remove sockets put connector blocks over bare wires, seal with insulating tape. Draw a schematic if you not sure of wiring.
Tis a real ball ache, you can get by often with low level sockets, but kitchen sockets and light switches show it all :-[, hope all goes well.

dont take them off the wall fully so there hangin allover the place just undo the screws a little bit so you can get underneath them n use a finger trowel it doesnt have to be perfect just wait till the plaster stiffens up a little then tidy it up its amasing how much easier it is when you know little tricks a never take sockets off the wall so there hanging in your way cos they jus get fekin anoyin when you keep hittin them n knackin your wall up

hmm come to think of it ive got some really long socket screws somewhere, mgiht have to give that a try next time, thanks for the advice :)

you dont have to use bigger screws just undo the ones on the socket n pull it forward enough to get your trowel in like a say it might look messy when you slap it on at first but youve got enough time to keep flattenin it ;)get yourself a little finger trowel they work wonders in little niggly bits

i could only get my trowel in slight underneath the bottom and due to a big tap being in the way i could barely get to the left hand side of the sockets, there was a boiler directly above the switches and a wall 4 inches from the last socket, fancy putting them there! :mad:

its kitchens that a hate so many fookin awkward bits does my head in ad rather just put a high quote in if a didnt get it than so foooooooook

Hello Mate
Im with Topmark on this, always take it off completely, you will actualy save yourself time as you don't have to fiddle about and when its back on it looks perfect, I also use a socket tester (about £20 B&Q ) if I have to isolate the room instead of turning all the power off, mostly just swith the lot off but some clients don't want all the clocks going off etc, anyway the tester will make sure you have thrown the correct fuse and you don't zapp yourself.
Johnathon

loosen em off, use a small tool, ( go to screwfix type smalltool) you can scratch finish back if its set, it'll be ok once its painted.

Status
Not open for further replies.