Getting Your Name out there!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennystoon

Guys,
I Need some advice. If you had to choose Only One way of getting your name out there - that actually works, what would you advise?

Many thanks in advance.
Darren

:flapper: I have thought of Killing someone but I don't think that would help my reputation, not exactly makes for good customer relations.

I have found the question elsewhere on the forum with some very good ideas, Gumtree seems to be a good place to go. :RpS_thumbsup:

Oh you will get a job and you will get calls but it will cost you more on calls and fuel than you will make, it is a back link but only one and the point I was making anyone who uses gumtree is after a bargain so whether you have a link to your site you will still get the same time wasters calling you through your site. Most ads on there for plastering are usually by very cheap plasterers take a look yourself :)

You are all pretty good at being here, online... do you have twitter accounts? I am on all social media platforms (pretty much) and for you guys, I'd say twitter might be quite good to dip into. I don't use it particularly, sticking more to Facebook but you may well pick up clients from twitter.

use the hashtag #tradetalk ... just a thought...

I have jus put a add on the other day , got a builder email me yesterday from it , might have a kitchen for me to do plus 40 flats in pipeline not bad if it works out , it all depends on your add , i didnt advertise for cheap prices jus good quality work a tidy job and experience etc rather than saying u will do a room for 50 quid etc and look desperate which will only get u time wasters who want there house skimmed for 300 quid

I have jus put a add on the other day , got a builder email me yesterday from it , might have a kitchen for me to do plus 40 flats in pipeline not bad if it works out , it all depends on your add , i didnt advertise for cheap prices jus good quality work a tidy job and experience etc rather than saying u will do a room for 50 quid etc and look desperate which will only get u time wasters who want there house skimmed for 300 quid
Hahahahahah this is exactly what I'm talkin about do this kitchen for **** all then I might have 40 flats what the **** is someone who potentially has 40 flats getting a stranger off gumtree for? lol

Last edited:
photo_zpsd9c82c69.jpg

Try a different tack. I've advertised myself as "plasterer to the stars" in the past. I worked for Ian Rush and then used this slogan. After that I got work with Rafa Benitez and John Barnes.

I'm now thinking of trying "extreme plastering".

Just do ruff as sh1t cheap work and people will always talk (gossip) about you. Do a good job for decent money and they soon forget.

Try a niche market and dominate. I know some lesbians who will only employ G** tradespeople form the Pink Post. Try turning up for the job dressed like this and you'll soon get your name out there:

World of Chig

On a more serious note you might want to associate yourself with somebody or something famous. But think it through. Last year I was in Subway when a van stopped at the traffic lights outside. I nearly choked: "Maximus Meridius Plastering". Couldn't believe it. He was obviously a fan of the Gladiator film but surely this just makes him look like a nimrod. Haven't seen him since, though. Must have realised it was a bad idea.

You might also become an inveterate alcoholic. A good friend of mine is now known by everyone including his own family as Pete the P*ss. I had him mixing for me last year when the owner of the house told me her 9 year old daughter had seen him drinking a can of beer and urinating in the garden. Haven't worked with him since.

Twitter works :) You can run searches and respond etc :)

But the long haul for me was a website :) Nearly all of my new work when I was on the tools came off my website :)

MIne was up from day one...

Depends... adwords you can make money straight away... but for the normal organic search it was only a few weeks... Things have changed now which means its a lot slower process :)

Things certainly have changed with google in the last month. Have you noticed anyone on google map is not in the listings?

Try a different tack. I've advertised myself as "plasterer to the stars" in the past. I worked for Ian Rush and then used this slogan. After that I got work with Rafa Benitez and John Barnes.

I'm now thinking of trying "extreme plastering".

Lol :RpS_biggrin:

There was a young lad on here called Ahmed who advertised as a "24hr emergency plasterer" he thought he was a genius because no one else did it :RpS_biggrin:

Lol :RpS_biggrin:

There was a young lad on here called Ahmed who advertised as a "24hr emergency plasterer" he thought he was a genius because no one else did it :RpS_biggrin:
I remember that :RpS_lol: thats why he is not on at this time of night :RpS_unsure:

There was a young lad on here called Ahmed who advertised as a "24hr emergency plasterer" he thought he was a genius because no one else did it :RpS_biggrin:[/QUOTE]

When is plastering an emergency? Ridiculous, I ask you..Some people.

When is plastering an emergency? Ridiculous, I ask you..Some people.[/QUOTE]

I think he's onto something there. its defo a niche that could be a goldmine....................:RpS_thumbup:

When is plastering an emergency? Ridiculous, I ask you..Some people.[/QUOTE]

Have a search on here his thread is about somewhere, he seemed to think there was a Market for it :RpS_unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.