getting started in spray plastering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gawbeen

Hey folks

quick question for those in the know
what would be the best way of getting into spay plastering (mp75, mpfinish, alltek etc)

i mostly spread interiors, multi, hardwall etc in domestic and would love to try my hand at sparying commercially, but i have no idea how to go about it.

i see there are fast trac courses but what could i really learn in a day, i do worry abit (well all the time) about doing the best job possible and really want to gain experience in this method.

i guess if the process is simple enough and i got the gist of it in a day i could board out my old mans massive garage and practice , but has anyone got any other suggestions.

i have been looing for apprentice jobs or trainees but as we all know are rarer than rocking horse s**t.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

just bite the bullet get a machine and start looking for the work , you can do the course's that manufacturers offer to give you an insight into the materials and then the best way is just to get on and do it ...practice makes perfect mate

cheers southern

im hoping to do the knauf and alltek days to get the gist of things.
Suppose ill get out there speak to a few site managers foremans and medium sized construction companies and see what their thought is on it. offer them a demo i guess couldot hurt.

shame i didnt already have a machine as there was a large job availiable down way, using spray mpfinish.
hopefully there will be a little more work on now we are out of a recession ???

i think alteck are doing demos at sheffield insulations in bedford this week mate, are yoy near

dont they spray altek thin coat through an airless pump?, but they do coarser materials so maybe you can spray them?

I just bought a g4 off monkey ... you are welcome anytime to come watch me make a complete mess of using it and have a go yourself :)

cheers rich, thats really good of you.

what sort of stuff you doing in the near future, woud love to come and check out the new toy and see how things work if thats cool with you guys.

More than welcome mate .... doing 150 m2 marmorit middle of feb, 250 m2 in april and 550m2 in may so far for the machine.

hello mate, I run the southwest side of the machines sales and demo's so if you want any info give me or monkey a call.

phone simps he didnt know his arse from his elbow a year ago now he,s married monkey

grand wizard said:
phone simps he didnt know his arse from his elbow a year ago now he,s married monkey

If i didnt know grand then i wouldnt have been asked to take care of the south west and wales. by les.

thanks again rich

dont know how much use ill be but i can make a decent cuppa

would just be good to see a machine up and running and pick your brain.

chat soon mate

Status
Not open for further replies.