getting onto site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ejplastering

hi guys im new to the site but have been plastering for about 5 years. im thinking of going on site to start skimming, im on there atm doing render but want to get inside lol how do i go about work for places like barrat or crest?? any help would be good thanks

what the hell are you thinking about? these type of firms will wont months of credit and will try to cut your rates to zero.

yea thats what i thought but is there an internet site where you can find out? or do i ring the house builder and ask who theyve given it too then ring them lol

Ring the housebuilder of choice and ask for the contact details of the site QS (for the chosen site you want to try to work on).... usually they will give that info out....

Then try to get hold of them and explain who you are and that you want to know who the plastering subbie is....... they will probably tell you.....

As Malc said - unless you have a lot of money in the bank to fund 3 or 4 months work before they pay you - and a gang of guys willing to work for you, it is best to work for someone else on these sorts of sites.....

Good Luck

.......or...... have a chat with the local merchants or distributors...... whoever is working on there have to get their materials from somewhere.....

As Flinnyman says or go ask one of the spreads on the site for the bosses number

Thats the worse thing you can do they are lyin bastards lol, half of them wont tell you the rates and will tell you, they havent got his number even though they have been there years lol

I agree with all the comments above, site work is hard to take on unless you can afford to wait long periods for payment and work to low rates. Personally I avoid the big firms and target private developers and smaller builders. There is always work to be found if your willing to look hard enough for it, your local council will tell you of all planning applications made in their jurisdiction and will give you all the information you need. Build a portfolio, take photos, if a customer tells you they are happy ask them for a testimonial. Once you build a solid name for yourself work will always follow work. Runwithscissors is right, tap your local merchants (even the ones you wouldnt use yourself) offer a card or flyer to the desk but more importantly get to know the drivers, if they are delivering a couple of hundred sheets of plasterboard somewhere you want to be the first to know ( in exchange for a small gratuity of course) good luck!

Thats the worse thing you can do they are lyin bastards lol, half of them wont tell you the rates and will tell you, they havent got his number even though they have been there years lol

Things musta changed since i was last on site then lol

yea thanks guys, what about plastering firms, places like tj services does any know of any companies like that in the south west? or midlands?

Status
Not open for further replies.