Getting in with builders etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

rycarr

So far I've just been doing domestic jobs nothing massive couple of bathrooms had a few jobs out of paper ad but mostly off a local facebook page with people asking for work to be done saying that registered with free index and looking at a job tomorrow.....I've only just moved to the Worthing area and want to get more regular work I know the way to go is getting in with builders and other trades but how should I go about this guessing most will already have their regular people they use, one job I did the plumber asked for my card and was impressed with the work I did but nowts come of it so far it was only cos the usual guy had let him down....everywhere I look I'm seeing plastering work going on just wish could get some of it to come my way.

Get danny to do u a website....whats your stratagy on facebook? Thinks thats a great stream of free enquiries

Its just a local facebook page I'm on people say they need jobs doing and if any plastering ones come up I reply most have come from that.....local paper advertising seems to have been a waste had one job off that looked at another gave them a very reasonable price but heard nothing back...I know getting in with other trades is the way to go maybe but dunno how to go about that being new to the town.

Although that sounds kime the sort of web pahe where a downward auction effect takes in. Everyone under cutting each other

Just a case of local pages a lot of areas they have the same names like here its worthing directory, spotted worthing, worthing business pages if you go on google and type in your area facebook pages say brighton facebook pages..... the most popular ones come up then its just a case of looking to see which ones are the type you want and which has the most members thats how I found them or even just on facebook type in your area followed by key words like directory go with the popular ones even local selling pages sometimes you can stick your ad on

Not really tbh everyone else seems to have so much work they don't even bother with the little domestic jobs just me usually

I know its very old fashioned but if I am looking for work I drive around and call into sites I see and waitfor it I ask for work not the done thing iknow but it works

I know its very old fashioned but if I am looking for work I drive around and call into sites I see and waitfor it I ask for work not the done thing iknow but it works

Nothing worse than slack tradesmen sniffing around the builders you have worked with for years. Builders you have put yourself out for, done the wheat AND the chaff, not to mention all the snagging for nowt, and not complained when you've turned up & lost a day cuz it's not ready.

Bad form in my book!

Check what planning applications have been approved, these will be listed on your local area authority website, with contact details for the applicant/agent.
Then fire a letter off introducing yourself and your services, and an enquiry as to whether they would like a price/advice regarding forthcoming works.

So far I've just been doing domestic jobs nothing massive couple of bathrooms had a few jobs out of paper ad but mostly off a local facebook page with people asking for work to be done saying that registered with free index and looking at a job tomorrow.....I've only just moved to the Worthing area and want to get more regular work I know the way to go is getting in with builders and other trades but how should I go about this guessing most will already have their regular people they use, one job I did the plumber asked for my card and was impressed with the work I did but nowts come of it so far it was only cos the usual guy had let him down....everywhere I look I'm seeing plastering work going on just wish could get some of it to come my way.
Just do a good job ,be clean,polite ,on time ,the work will find you mate :RpS_wink:

Gather other good trades numbers and pass them work and visa versa..

As ever takes time, the biggest thing is timing it just takes someone to need something like yesterday and they see your van, car, add whatever.

Always try to make the new contacts priority where possible then you away they come to you first on the next one, I always leave the first job with a side note of I need as much notice as possible next time..

Messaged a company with my details gave link to examples of my work........phoned me wanted me in same day.gets in the room 3rd degree offers me daily wage for decorating then says how much can you spread in a day, how much you want for plastering think I've undersold myself just cos need the work. hands up no experience in this situation he said "how much do you want a day plastering" he offered me x amount for painting and I only addd on extra 20 for plastering........what do you think decorating/painting is a skill but I,ve always thought plastering is the hardest trade maybe not recognised as such but is.

Status
Not open for further replies.