German ritmo import

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

user__removed

Private Member
Looking to import a second hand ritmo from german ebay does anyone know if there will be a problem with the power as they use 220v 2 pin plugs, are these 2 pin a straight swop for our 3 pin?

The German plugs are live, neutral and earth..... the earth is on the outside of the plug.

why you importing and not buying in the UK? What have you got?

and to the point.... how much? and how much to get it over here?

Looking at 2k second hand or 5k euros new with approx £150 shipping costs, dont have a machine at yet just looking at my options at moment.

Make sure you get one with all the kit you need ........

you spoke to the PFT guys in the UK? you get there help and training if you buy from them here..... that is a BIG cost you don't consider with your first machine - which is then included with the UK puchase.....

Good Luck mate!

If you do get one and don't have PFT training and support you will never make it work out for you 100% and I think you will find it all very stressful The guys do a great job and if your getting a new one you should really support them and buy one from your local PFT dealer.

I agree. Buy of one of the PFT dealers and they are only a phone call away. Bailed me out of trouble many a time.

i was on the ferry back to dover the other week and the pickup in front of me had a g5 on tow that he had gone over to germany to purchase.it was brand new so there must be a price difference.

Germany really aint that far got a builder mate who is back and forth all the while, scotland for me isnt much different in travel times. Like I said just weighing up my options and most of the money I would spend with a uk pft dealer is going back to Germany anyhow.

the cost of the ferry, always phone and ask for their best price as regular travellers are told to do, so that you can get a good discount. norfolk line is a good bet from dover, or stena from harwich.

German dealers offer the same training and support its part of the pft promise so to speak, phone calls could soon add up though.

No the German dealers don't offer any training they automatically think you should know how to use a machine . Pft dealers only add on to there prices the import that it costs for a machine and parts to be brought in to the UK . From my experience some of the second hand machines that I've seen come in to the UK have needed some kind of repair usually because they don't know were there water filters are . You may find you can get a new machine in Germany for 5 % less than in the UK but no training will be given and your back up and service will not be there , remember they don't know a lot of our products over here and there English may not be that good when you need help . I would consider all these points when buying a machine from another country buying a machine from the UK keeps PFT in the UK and keeps them investing in our training to help the UK customers . Please try your local PFT dealer I'm sure they can help you .

Hi Priceplastering. New machines being bought in Germany have no benefit to buying in the UK. PFT have coverage all of the UK with our dealers all being skilled spreads, they will help you a long your way with training and after sales support. Used machines are always a problem whether you buy from UK or Germany, most machines need repair or service and then you will be charged for training which is also an added cost. Please feel free to contact me as I manage PFT for Northern Europe.
Paul
paul.hopkins@pft-machines.com

Pft central is my so called local dealer 65 miles away, so an Mtec machine would be the best idea.

Last edited:
Pft central is my so called local dealer 65 miles away, so an Mtec machine would be the best idea.
I drove from Kent to Yorkshire ,to buy my machine ,that was about 5 years ago . You go for local mate if that is good for you . In that 5 years of buying the G4 i was told "if you get any problems ring me on my mobile " i still only a few days ago rung ,and all the times i have had any problems ,always me doing something wrong ,the phone has been answered . It is not buying the machine, it is the back up mate ,they are not plug and go ,best of luck mate

Hi mate,

Not sure if you know but we are actually PFT Central also known as Plasterers 1 Stop Shop. I can assure you we will provide full backup and training and will be on the phone whenever you need us. Give us a call if you need any help

There are four PFT dealers in the UK
PFT scotland
PFT Wales
PFT Northern
UK plastering machines
All these companies are the registered dealers in the UK and can fully train you and pass you with I. D .Training Cards backed fully by knauf . If your looking for PFT machines any one of these companies will be more than happy to help you .

I drove from Kent to Yorkshire ,to buy my machine ,that was about 5 years ago . You go for local mate if that is good for you . In that 5 years of buying the G4 i was told "if you get any problems ring me on my mobile " i still only a few days ago rung ,and all the times i have had any problems ,always me doing something wrong ,the phone has been answered . It is not buying the machine, it is the back up mate ,they are not plug and go ,best of luck mate

no one in london or south east then where most people live.

We can provide full training for any material and also get the approval from many system manufacturers including Knauf. Although we are based in Gloucestershire we provide a service nationwide and have direct accounts with our machine manufacturers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Malc the dealer in your area is UK plastering machine . There are no PFT sub dealers in the UK all have direct accounts with Knauf PFT in Germany .

We can provide full training for any material and also get the approval from many system manufacturers including Knauf. Although we are based in Gloucestershire we provide a service nationwide and have direct accounts with our machine manufacturers and do not act as a sub-dealer as many PFT dealers do.
I will try and remember to give you a call tomorrow in regards to a demo day.

Status
Not open for further replies.