geordie plasterer

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHLPlaster

hi guys just want to come and say hello, new to this site but not to the game 11 yers exp and still learning new tricks everyday! just got my self a new alfra eibenstock mixer of a friend, (2nd hand) its 1600w but mixes are slow do i need to use the reverse paddle? silly question i know!! also if this didnt work i was looking at buying a makita 120u mixer has anyone used one of these and are they capable of 2+ bag mixes at a time?

cheers

ps go easy on me!!!

paul
:RpS_biggrin:

Ya all reet, Has the mixer not got 2 speeds? and if it has, you have tried both haven't you, haven't you ??? :RpS_unsure:

If the mixer is the same as the Refina megamixer you should have a black switch you press in then push up.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

hiya mate,, i got the refina megamixer,, good mixers,, like said by others make sure you have it on the faster speed

Evening guys, yeah it has the two speeds, even on the fast speed it feels hard work for the mixer mixing a bag and a half minimum! I bought the mr4 refina paddle to go with the mixer but it mixes very slow and takes a good 10 minutes to get the lumps out of it! Any suggestions? Any reviews on the makita whisk?

Welcome to the forum Paul :RpS_thumbup:

Another bloody Geordie :-0 they're taking over :RpS_sneaky:
Geordienation :RpS_scared:

Evening guys, yeah it has the two speeds, even on the fast speed it feels hard work for the mixer mixing a bag and a half minimum! I bought the mr4 refina paddle to go with the mixer but it mixes very slow and takes a good 10 minutes to get the lumps out of it! Any suggestions? Any reviews on the makita whisk?

What bucket are you mixing in cos i think they work better in tall slim'ish buckets rather than say a gorilla tub

Was going to get the makita a few years ago but was told it was very slow, think there's a few on here that use it.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Yeah am using the yellow gorilla tub! Due to getting a bigger mix at once so I can get a bigger spread! Greedy I know!! Can't get away with the tall skinny buckets tbh! I've been looking at the mega mixers online by refina but they want silly coin!! The Geordies taking over........at least where good at something!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.