General labourer wanted

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep your right, but different to 50 a day cash.
I could pay someone £50 cash and it wouldn't be a problem aslong as I declared it :) you can accept it and spend it it's cash it's not a sin and like I said aslong as it's above board it's fine which gets back to the original question of £50 a day after tax is not a bad wage to labour and maybe learn.

I started on £35 a day... well actually I started on nowt a day... but then I was off and actually wanted to learn...lol

If you start them too high then there is nowhere for them to go but at £40... you could give them an extra £5 here and there and they will appreciate it more :)

I know I did :D

I started on £35 a day... well actually I started on nowt a day... but then I was off and actually wanted to learn...lol

If you start them too high then there is nowhere for them to go but at £40... you could give them an extra £5 here and there and they will appreciate it more :)

I know I did :D
Ah the early 2000s, good times eh

I started on 90 quid a week as a first year apprentice in 1997, I remember senior spreads getting 120 a day, not much has changed in 17 years then. :huh:

I could pay someone £50 cash and it wouldn't be a problem aslong as I declared it :) you can accept it and spend it it's cash it's not a sin and like I said aslong as it's above board it's fine which gets back to the original question of £50 a day after tax is not a bad wage to labour and maybe learn.
It is your responsibility to follow the rules and to make payments through the CIS scheme, stopping their tax and paying it in. You are still landing yourself in trouble listing that £50 cash as an expense for labour. But I agree £50 a day is plenty to start someone off on, especially when you have to put put so much time in at the start showing them the ropes.

It is your responsibility to follow the rules and to make payments through the CIS scheme, stopping their tax and paying it in. You are still landing yourself in trouble listing that £50 cash as an expense for labour. But I agree £50 a day is plenty to start someone off on, especially when you have to put put so much time in at the start showing them the ropes.
Aslong as they give me an invoice I don't need to touch their tax do I, isn't that down to them?

Aslong as they give me an invoice I don't need to touch their tax do I, isn't that down to them?
No! Be careful, it is down to you to make the enquires on what to stop them. If it's a sizeable firm they will show you a Gross payment card, but a £50 a day lad won't be.

Your being silly, have a read up on the rules, you really need to know all this.
I'm not being silly how dare you, so I get a joiner to do a bit of stud, get a price, pay him and get an invoice for the money i payed him I really should be taxing him?

The only that you don't deduct is when the property is in your name or ifyougetthe client to pay others directly. @BetterTAX

Last edited by a moderator:
Any one working for you needs to be registered and varyfied with cis and you then deduct 20% from them and give it to the taxman. If they are not verified you deduct 30% and send it on with their details but all who work in construction should be cis and have a utr both subbies and contractors.
It's amazing how many don't know this.
Bring back the SC60's and 715's it was simpler then.

you need to be careful these days with cis, ignorance is no excuse,
if you don't tax subbies at source, you are open to prosecution by hmrc down the line, they are really cracking down on it.

Yeh will do mate! Hopefully not too many lazy scumbags, just want someone who wants to work and learn and have a future working with us

i started on £12 a day=£60 a week for 6 months in 1995, labouring for two spreads, hard times but it made me the way i am, remember those big bags!!!! a bag of carlite was massive, and a bag of dust was mega:RpS_mellow:
i think builderboi is offering a good wage

Status
Not open for further replies.