General labourer wanted

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Builderboi

Hi guys I need a labourer willing to work along side me not just plastering but all aspects of the building game... If your up for it £40-50 a day and willing to teach u what ever tasks we are doing in Southampton area. Call gurd on 07507793415

I guess no body needs any work? Had no calls where do u lads find labour quickly when needed any advice appreciated

I guess no body needs any work? Had no calls where do u lads find labour quickly when needed any advice appreciated
Very difficult to find a labourer unless you go the easteuropean route, the money needs to be attractive too, if you had posted this twenty hrs ago you would have more interest

For 40 odd quid a day, you'll be waiting a long time. Pay them right, and you'll get a right one in return.

What would you boys think would be a fair rate then a day the guy who's worked with us and others was always happy with forty to fifty. I'm not out to rip any one of

£50 cash max for a labby, £70 London maybe..

Depends what he's doing and his experience, if he's mixing and hodding S/C all day then maybe top end but just a general labby £50 max IMO... If he wants more then surely he need to be skilled

£80 kinnell!! Surely you have to ascertain if he's any good first ie start him on lower money..

Get it on gumtree I'm telling ya you'll be inundated

£70-£80 for a new labby is unheard of round our neck of the woods

if you want cheap workers contact the job center they can get you someone and pay you to keep them for so many weeks and if they are **** just send them back.
A mate of mine employed 4 like this for his building firm about 5 years ago he kept 3 of them on.

For 40 odd quid a day, you'll be waiting a long time. Pay them right, and you'll get a right one in return.
Pretty sure a while back you said you wasn't paying your lads much more than that as plasterers I think 50 cash is a fair wage to start on.

Let's say your payin the £50 cash with the tax added it's £62.50 workin on 20% that works out at £7.81 so better than the minimum wage also with apprentices they don't have the minimum wage

2007 I gave up college and went to work for my old man as labourer... Working for £50 a day, 7 years on I can do a hell of a lot and work on average £100 a day, starting as a labourer ain't bad so many different directions to go and learn more!

2007 I gave up college and went to work for my old man as labourer... Working for £50 a day, 7 years on I can do a hell of a lot and work on average £100 a day, starting as a labourer ain't bad so many different directions to go and learn more!
£50 a day 7 years ago!

Let's say your payin the £50 cash with the tax added it's £62.50 workin on 20% that works out at £7.81 so better than the minimum wage also with apprentices they don't have the minimum wage
no one said anything about paying tax. If we are talking a paye job with holiday pay and all that then i guess its ok

but we are not are we?

Pretty sure a while back you said you wasn't paying your lads much more than that as plasterers I think 50 cash is a fair wage to start on.

if i could get away with paying fully grown fellas 50quid a day id be happy fella.

my 2 labourers are on 65 a day on the books, Were professional rendering contractors, the only cash I ever deal with is for the milk man. not only that, anything happens on site and your found out to be paying lads off the books and you for the high jump, I have to have by law employers liability insurance, if your paying lads in 2014 in cash you need your head looking at.
labourers earn you money in the render game, my bagger on the machine is on 80 a day, which some may deem a lot, but they are super effecient, thus leaving you time to render and earn money, the labourers stick beads on, load out for us on sites etc.

if i could get away with paying fully grown fellas 50quid a day id be happy fella.

my 2 labourers are on 65 a day on the books, Were professional rendering contractors, the only cash I ever deal with is for the milk man. not only that, anything happens on site and your found out to be paying lads off the books and you for the high jump, I have to have by law employers liability insurance, if your paying lads in 2014 in cash you need your head looking at.
labourers earn you money in the render game, my bagger on the machine is on 80 a day, which some may deem a lot, but they are super effecient, thus leaving you time to render and earn money, the labourers stick beads on, load out for us on sites etc.
Well put Owls :RpS_thumbup:

Like I said 65 less tax is not far off 50 a day

Status
Not open for further replies.