Gas pipes

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilPlaster

Private Member
Whats the regs with gas pipes. The ones goin to a boiler are sunk into the wall almost flush with the plaster finish. The plumber said hes goin to wrap them so I can just bond and skim over them but dont they have to be encased now?
Theres no room to dot n dab.

f**k it. not your problem. go up to it either side and let him sort it! ;D thats gotta be worth some karma lol

Be cock on, if in doubt check with the plumber! Saying that I had a plumber telling me to dot n dab a board over a chaser for his water pipes to prevent cracking!!! Wot??? :D

Nah mate the Plumbers just gonna give bum advice. "yeh itll be fine mate' , even if it isn't. Their not bothered coz its not there neck on the line.

We done one where we put mains gas and elec in a stud wall and it was condemed by bc I wouldn't cut corners ie make sure you have some sort of back up always cover my arss been stung to many times

Mate i wouldnt bother if i was you,with the vibration from the boiler it will most probably crack within a week.Time would be better spent boxing them in.
But if you have to do it id put some tape around the copper pipe and scrim over that also.
Also you have to leave space for the service valve etc.

skimmin2day said:
Mate i wouldnt bother if i was you,with the vibration from the boiler it will most probably crack within a week.Time would be better spent boxing them in.
But if you have to do it id put some tape around the copper pipe and scrim over that also.
Also you have to leave space for the service valve etc.
The boiler is goin in a housin unit but the pipes are behind a book case thats gettin fitted in 2 weeks. Theres no back on it so they need to be covered. Just rang the pluber and told him they'll have to be taped.
Thanks for the advice lads.

Just skim over they will be sound the problem is when you board over them and dont solid dab over the pipe or either side.

kirk johnstone said:
flynnyman said:
Just skim over they will be sound the problem is when you board over them and dont solid dab over the pipe or either side.

he said that there is no room to board over them?

yeh i know i read it now read back over what i said tut tut

Status
Not open for further replies.