Gas pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Plasterers, I work mainly on new work for most of the big uk house builders, they are all telling me to solid dot the entire length of all gas pipes, some are asking for photos as evidence and for me to sign to say I have done it. My problem is I think I might be covering up pipes that are damaged or badly fitted and a leak might not be found until later than might other wise have been. Also when the house settles as they all do the tears that you see through the block work will be through the gas pipe as well because it can no longer move. Say this to a foreman and he translates it in to, you don't want to work here anymore. What do you think?

Normally solid dabs are for fire precautions and pressure testing on the energy efficiency of the building if you have logged it wouldn't worry about it!

You are supposed to solid dab both sides of the pipe so if someone punctures it it will blow out in just that bit rather than travel behind all the boards and blow the lot off, also it will be noticed a lot sooner.

The foreman probably doesnt know why , thats why he never told you why . And bis retaliation was because he didnt want to say he didnt have a F*****g clue ? Lol

When I first started on sites about 15 years ago we were told to always solid dab the gas pipes but over the years it seemed to drift out and not be done.
I wouldn't bother asking the foreman anything because my experience with many foremen these days is that they are clueless .

i subbed for persimmon for almost 5 years and thats what we had to do. usually everything gets pressure tested before boarding anyway. they ask for it you do it, thats house bashing

Status
Not open for further replies.