Gas boxes and supply pipes

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rigsby

TPF Special Forces
Doing an ewi job at the mo and have a gas box and pipe to work round. Specs I have been given say give a 25mm clearence around the box for maintenence and 100mm either side of the rising supply pipe. But you can box the pipe in so long as there is a way to remove the boxing in for maintenence and you have created ventilation.

I have been around the merchants both building and plumbing and no one stocks the plastic ducting for the rising gas pipe. And I think leaving a 225mm gap will look crap.

Anyone any ideas on how to tackle the gas pipe?

Damaged the box as well and need to replace it but that is another story.

Working round all these obstructions and trying to make it look right must take some serious head scratching, it's what puts me off, have to be on some serious dough to deal with all that sh*te.

Working round all these obstructions and trying to make it look right must take some serious head scratching, it's what puts me off, have to be on some serious dough to deal with all that sh*te.

Doing one at min. Soil stack over two walls 3 toilets on. 2 sinks a shower. Kitchen sink and outside tap on two walls. All extended and a bitch to eps round. Job only 45m2

Doing an ewi job at the mo and have a gas box and pipe to work round. Specs I have been given say give a 25mm clearence around the box for maintenence and 100mm either side of the rising supply pipe. But you can box the pipe in so long as there is a way to remove the boxing in for maintenence and you have created ventilation.

I have been around the merchants both building and plumbing and no one stocks the plastic ducting for the rising gas pipe. And I think leaving a 225mm gap will look crap.

Anyone any ideas on how to tackle the gas pipe?

Damaged the box as well and need to replace it but that is another story.

Thats about right. The specs are the same I had done. Regarding the gas pipe I will just say I have left more space to the side where the valve opens. Plastic should be alright if you have basetrack around it.

True line do a louvered vented cover and z bar , 25 mm either side of box and 50 mm either side and 150mm above the riser. Changes from area to area to be honest , about time there was a solid code of practice drawn up !!

Status
Not open for further replies.