Garage Wall Damp

Members online

markboseman

im New here and need a bit of help.
i have an internal garage wall (solid breeze block) that has a lot of damp coming through it. i have used damp paint on it in the past, and then last year i put kingspan board onto it to hide the damp and green mould on it.
but i am thinking of taking it off and using a tanking slurry or bitumen paint on it to stop the damp.
would this work or not ?
what would be the best option please.
behind the wall is completely solid as the ground level is as high as the garage roof. you could say that the wall is a retaining wall holding up the garden.
any help would be much appreciated
thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2390.jpg
    IMG_2390.jpg
    686.5 KB · Views: 38
i have an internal garage wall (solid breeze block) that has a lot of damp coming through it. i have used damp paint on it in the past, and then last year i put kingspan board onto it to hide the damp and green mould on it.
but i am thinking of taking it off and using a tanking slurry or bitumen paint on it to stop the damp.
would this work or not ?
behind the wall is completely solid as the ground level is as high as the garage roof. you could say that the wall is a retaining wall holding up the garden.
thanks
Is that where the dwarfs fight to the death mate ! (y)

would this work or not ?
thanks

100%

Ka tanking slurry is good

Just add water

Most would sbr and cement which is the same, but KA is fool proof - especially if you're s**t at batching

or may want to leave a brain dead lad on the job to slurry up for you.

Get all paint and coatings off first

Dig out garage first
cannot do that as the back of the garage has concrete steps upto the garden. a dpc membrane was put against the wall and water sealer used before the steps were built. but it doesnt seem to have made any difference to the moisture coming through.

You remind me of some c**t that taps a free pint in the pub then complains that its "a bit flat" !
Ffs , have a word with yourself and thank Bob for his valuable and free advice while your at it mate !
oooooohhh someones time of the month is it.
you need to lighten up a bit mate.. and keep doing those Oscar Wilde impersonations.