Garage Conversions

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnathon

Hello All
Anyone done any of these, seem straight forward enough thou I have not done one, any advice on any funnies that they can throw up and what it would roughly cost for a sparky and builder to do there bit, cheers
Johnathon

;D i dont think you will find many builders willing to let you  how much earn  ;D and if you do im fairly sure they are either drunk or lying ;D

not done one but im sure theres plenty of building regs to follow

;D i dont think you will find many builders willing to let you  how much earn  ;D and if you do im fairly sure they are either drunk or lying ;D

i've done acouple, i am drunk (look at time!) how long is a peice of string? for a straight forward single garage to room i charged £5000, materials were£2000, took 10 days, garage to room and w/c £7000, materials were £2600 took 2 and half weeks. i probably was to cheap, some builders go in at £15000 plus. hic ;D

my next door neighbour is having one done, seems to be taking forever! theres allways different plumbers/electricians about, maybe they are having more work donw on the house, still got a garage door on it tho :S surely the brick wall and window would come first?

is it for yourself mate or are you doing it for a customer?

my next door neighbour is having one done, seems to be taking forever! theres allways different plumbers/electricians about, maybe they are having more work donw on the house, still got a garage door on it tho :S surely the brick wall and window would come first?
depends on the end result mate, leavin the door on till last aint a bad idea...
1) you can leave the knockthrough till last
2) you just roll up the door and you got complete access for materials
3) you can do 3 sides, the ceiling, even the floor, 1st fix/skimmed/2nd fix then just boot the hole out for the access into the room, dig a quick footing, get the inspector down, level/insulation check, dryish mix the concrete, build straight off it and have your window in for nightfall, day after dab em, skim em, window board..job done...
still if theyve been there forever it sounds like a complete self build...
its possible to do a basic 2 sockets, 1 rad, 1 knockthrough, full width window, 1 internal door in 7 days, 5 with a few good lads

well the day after it was all bricked up with window in place! just noticed it last night, theyve deffinately gone all out on it, floors been raised about 14 inches with a nice new timber floor with insulation etc, theyve got a toilet half hanging out of the skip, come to think of it their son is wheel chair bound so im guessing hes had his own en suite toilet made for him, bet all that cost a pretty penny, if only it was lining my wallet ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.