Gable end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bagrat

Hi lads got a gable end to do with chimney on it.I was just wondering would anyone use lime in topcoat render?also would it be stopbeads all the way or angle beads it's a monster gable and I'm thinking with angles they bend like bananas when planted on top of each other.thanks bagrat!

Just not sure on using angle beads or stop .the last render job I done last year we used stop beads .the job wasn't as big as this one.

I dont rate plastic beads with S&C just dont think it can adhere properly to them unlike polymer renders.

Just not sure on using angle beads or stop .the last render job I done last year we used stop beads .the job wasn't as big as this one.

Do you mean on the external angles (corner of the house) or do you mean the window angles?

andy do you know eddie cook the spread he was in turnford last i heard his son richard played for spurs he,s a northern ireland bloke used to drink in the crocodile

The S***t is really hitting the fan over here lads. The Engineers with no work are looking at court cases to earn a living. If they find one crack in the plaster it is either take it all off or off to court. One court case is worth 6 months work. Seehttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056260892

I suggest mate that if you do not think you can do it, run a mile from it. The poor chap in the link above will now have to hack off every bit of plaster and re do the entire job and buy the sand and cement while an engineer is standing over him which he might also have to pay for.

Why do you feel the need to scare people? after blaming a draft on a plasterer not putting 2 coats I'm afraid I for one cant take you seriously any more you Irish pig :RpS_thumbup:

You have to excuse ignorance. He is not the shiniest trowel is he. If he was able to read the thread he would know the draft was the fault of the guy that tried to fit the window. He also must be leaving cracked renders as he is scared.

The S***t is really hitting the fan over here lads. The Engineers with no work are looking at court cases to earn a living. If they find one crack in the plaster it is either take it all off or off to court. One court case is worth 6 months work. Seehttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056260892

I suggest mate that if you do not think you can do it, run a mile from it. The poor chap in the link above will now have to hack off every bit of plaster and re do the entire job and buy the sand and cement while an engineer is standing over him which he might also have to pay for.
Something wrong with you Paddys just ripping each other of

andy do you know eddie cook the spread he was in turnford last i heard his son richard played for spurs he,s a northern ireland bloke used to drink in the crocodile
How long ago in the Croc mate its an old watering hole of mine but aint a pub anymore, restaurant type of place as they have all gone, ile try and track him down for you not many pubs in Turnford so should be easy my mums from the North so should detect the accent Lol

Brendan show me the picture where the plasterboard isn't fitted properly

. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=154116&d=1301954740

I never said the plaster board was not fitted properly. The OP had a draft coming in and asked for advice. I said the plastering was not good as there was a gap between the window and the plaster. I do not do gypsum skimming but the standard of skimming in the picture would not be acceptable to me and it should not be acceptable to any one that calls themselves a plasterers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendankelly
The plaster board is not fitted properly into the grove on the Velux. Other than that it is the plaster work that is at fault. There is a hole that flies or even a small mouse can get in and out. It is a cheap one coat plastering job and the person that did it should fix it and the architect that signed off on it should pay for the annoyance caused to the home owner.

It's you're second post in Brendan

If you read the thread you will see that snyper and scwarth that said the plaster board was not fitted properly. I agreed with them that the plaster board may or may not be fitted properly but over all it was the plasterer that was at fault. It was later established that no real plasterer would plaster over a board that was not secured properly or up to a window that was not fixed properly

Post from snyper
I wouldnt blame the plasterers at all.

The cracking is from expansion in the timber structure.

From what i see, it looks like the slab isnt covering over the frame of the window enough

The cracking is from expansion in the timber structure.

From what i see, it looks like the slab isnt covering over the frame of the window enough

Tec 7 is a flex sealant and adh, applied correctly it should slove the problem

Reply from me

You are correct . The plaster board is not fitted properly into the grove on the Velux. Other than that it is the plaster work that is at fault. There is a hole that flies or even a small mouse can get in and out. It is a cheap one coat plastering job and the person that did it should fix it and the architect that signed off on it should pay for the annoyance caused to the home owner.

Post from scwazrh

You are dead right!There is grooves in all velux window frames that the plasterboard must slide into.Normally you need to shave the back of the slab to get it to fit.

How long ago in the Croc mate its an old watering hole of mine but aint a pub anymore, restaurant type of place as they have all gone, ile try and track him down for you not many pubs in Turnford so should be easy my mums from the North so should detect the accent Lol
my mum and dad have just moved back there

Look why dont brendan and spunky just meet up and have it out it seems to be spreading from thread to thread :rolleyes)

my mum and dad have just moved back there
Where N ireland or the Croc? Spoke to a pal of mine thie evening who was a proper reg in th Croc for years but didnt know your mate but will keep my ears open.

Southerners..........go to the same pub & STILL don't fkin speak to each other:RpS_laugh:[/Q
We do sometimes mate but prob is most of us dont speak Polish and thats what you got to do if you wanna go in a pub my way midweek

Status
Not open for further replies.