g4 heavy texture

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spen

anybody done much texturing with g4 using weber mono and what setup did you use . done a couple of houses last week with d4-3 and texturing gun with 10mm nozzle still not quite happy still think it needs slowing down a bit any advise thanks . oh i spray 10mm first mesh rule leave hour or so then top with texture in one pass would you advise two quick passes

I am all set up with my g4 to do this but havent done any yet ...

The swing and spray gun spray it perfectly and you can slow the machine down or speed it up to suit but you have to mix the gear first then pour it in.

Watching this with interest as I wanna know as well spen.

Rich

SPEN use a d 3-4 rotor and stator it will reduce your output to approx 6-8 litres. A 12 mm spray cap on a standard gun will give you the desired texture. Search you tube for a video of a g4 spraying texture with weber.

yes seen the vid soz that is r+s i am using just found texturing gun was bit better but it does block from time to time

its just as easy I found to mix up with a drill in a gorrila and pour it in goody, takes seconds.

I did have a crack at texturing with the g4 but found it far to heavy and to fast,with the swing you have much more control

i got a shot at a big seaside house to texture in monorex and am thinking single phase on full speed using d43 for mixing and pumping at only 6l/min should give swing control with g4 mixing....if all is well would be a good finish on insulation systems using parex ehi too

thats the same prob i am having too heavy too fast we hae a inotect sto machine that just pumps and you can turn the speed down so maybe just mix up and load that up i was just seeing if anybody had any ideas with g4 as it is on the van evey day and would be easier to load that i

i used a d3-4 on the minijet with a 12mm cap as they wanted it heavy as poss two careful passes of texture did the trick, it looks mint - just been asked back to dp some more for the same firm

there are pics in this machine section somewhere

did you not get any colour issues with two passes we did when we done two passes it look great untill dry then it was a bit patchy

did you not get any colour issues with two passes we did when we done two passes it look great untill dry then it was a bit patchy

no mate the texture only reached its uniformity with the second pass colour was ok you can see in and out but you will always get light issues with a roughcast not always an actual colour issue but with the second pass it evens out the coverage more and helps

yes thats wot i thought do you think do away with texture gun and use a standard with 12mm cap as i am using texture gun with 10mm nozzle

I have a heavy texture roughcast job coming up,but is the M300 able to spray it, if not what setup would i need? Spec is s&c, so thinking poss CPI GP?

did a wet dash with cpi today using my g4 the d4-3 wouldnt do it put my d6-3 back in looks great turning a bit fast but two light passes i found better

to be honest i think the d4-3 was shagged didnt have my tester with me but it was just to say my d6-3 was fine as i use those all the time so i have a few all the time dont bother with d4-3 that much so no resevre

Status
Not open for further replies.