Friday's

Fridays have become my favourite day of the week as it's the day stinky goes to nursery and so I normally get to do whatever I want to do....

Not today I am slapping on ceilings for a mate... yay

You warmed up my bar stool mate (y)
Ye gonna drop on here mate . Weather should be just right for you . Just watch for turtles on beach
20190510_111345.jpg

It's shite when that happens, usually I'll pva a section and leave it to take up a bit then take a scraper to it if its solid I'll pva the rest and skim. If the scraper goes through it then its a no-go and has to be overboarded.
Yeah just don't always have the time. To be fair it's only happened 3 or 4 times that I can remember. This was the worst one though. Removed all the plaster and artex in about 2 minute's.
I had a feeling about this ceiling aswell and wanted to overboard it but it's the hallway and it's always a b*****d around the stairs as nowhere to board up to

Yeah just don't always have the time. To be fair it's only happened 3 or 4 times that I can remember. This was the worst one though. Removed all the plaster and artex in about 2 minute's.
I had a feeling about this ceiling aswell and wanted to overboard it but it's the hallway and it's always a b*****d around the stairs as nowhere to board up to
It's best on a big ceiling . When one bit starts then another then half of ceilings on floor.........any way
15574985990836526041377358228272.jpg

I’m at my mates house. She has beautiful twin boys who are currently screaming in unison! God that looks like hard work! I’m in awe of her patience! Been here two hours and still not got round to what we’re supposed to be doing!

Only overboard artex ceilings now,leaves far better job...

Im at the stage where if customer doesn't want that then get some other fecker!!
I'm very close to that point now. As I say though overboarding hallways sometimes isn't practical.
Wouldn't say it leaves a better job though, I think quality is identical aslong as the artex ceiling isn't bowed

It's shite when that happens, usually I'll pva a section and leave it to take up a bit then take a scraper to it if its solid I'll pva the rest and skim. If the scraper goes through it then its a no-go and has to be overboarded.

R turns gooey dont it. I pva the lot tho so when the pva reacts with it , just scrapes off in sheets in seconds

R turns gooey dont it. I pva the lot tho so when the pva reacts with it , just scrapes off in sheets in seconds
Some do some don't, depends on the age and type of the artex and who applied it. If it's some brush jockey its hit or miss whether the surface has been sealed before application.