Friday Rock RIP Chris

I'll give you Robert plant, similar voice to his. Cornell had a four octave range which isn't that common. Jeff Buckley is the only other singer that I think can be compared to Cornell, saw him at Glastonbury in the nineties, mind blowing. Died too young too.

My Grandad was a tenor singer. Was on the radio often in the old days. Was on a Terry Wogan show once when I was a nipper

A lot of great musicians passed away in the recent years... Especially Kilmister and Ronnie James Dio, who were my favourites. At least Ian Gillan, Brian Johnson, David Coverdale and Ozzy Osbourne are still alive. I don't know how Ozzy made it through, but he seems to be going strong.

RIP Chris.

I'll give you Robert plant, similar voice to his. Cornell had a four octave range which isn't that common. Jeff Buckley is the only other singer that I think can be compared to Cornell, saw him at Glastonbury in the nineties, mind blowing. Died too young too.
Pre double fence:rolleyes: and did you go over or under?
My greatest entry into the pilton site was running behind an ambulance going in security ran at me I yelled " fuk off you c nuts my mates in there!!!"
They backed off giving me enough time to dissapear into the darkness n crowds.
Wonder how long it was before one of them thought why anybody would be being taken into a festival in an ambulance :sorprendido3:

:risas: :birras:

Pre double fence:rolleyes: and did you go over or under?
My greatest entry into the pilton site was running behind an ambulance going in security ran at me I yelled " fuk off you c nuts my mates in there!!!"
They backed off giving me enough time to dissapear into the darkness n crowds.
Wonder how long it was before one of them thought why anybody would be being taken into a festival in an ambulance :sorprendido3:

:risas: :birras:

Good story. Haven't been since superfence. Part of the appeal was the shambolic security free for all. Would be afraid it's too corporate now.

A lot of great musicians passed away in the recent years... Especially Kilmister and Ronnie James Dio, who were my favourites. At least Ian Gillan, Brian Johnson, David Coverdale and Ozzy Osbourne are still alive. I don't know how Ozzy made it through, but he seems to be going strong.

RIP Chris.

I think I heard ozzy had genetic testing, because medics wanted to find out how people like him are so resistant to alcohol and drug abuse. I took my son to his first gig at 10 years old to see black Sabbath. Was pretty good still.

Good story. Haven't been since superfence. Part of the appeal was the shambolic security free for all. Would be afraid it's too corporate now.
There is or was a pub not far from site on long straight bit of road forget the name but every year would head for that after parking up (unless in travelers field) get messy then head for site seeking opportunities of getting in.
Not been since 1991 I think last year travelers were allowed in have feeling the security and fencing changed hands after that.
92 bit of a stand off with old bill then partied at smearthorpe instead. All bit hazy back then :reloco::rebotando:

Times change only way you'd see me bouncing up n down in a field for days now would be stuck on an electric fence:reloco:

Eddie vedder best singer imo

Saw Pearl jam on the ten tour at brixton academy, Vedder was incredible, what a gig.....Vedder and cornell together temple of the dog in this video, Vedder stunning vocal with cornell coming in behind him...voice like a bomb going off.....Cornell at 3:21 is so powerful it's virtually operatic....I've yet to come across anything that beats this

Last edited:
Saw Pearl jam on the ten tour at brixton academy, Vedder was incredible, what a gig.....Vedder and cornell together temple of the dog in this video, Vedder stunning vocal with cornell coming in behind him...voice like a bomb going off.....Cornell at 3:21 is so powerful it's virtually operatic....I've yet to come across anything that beats this

Saw them at same show and seen them quite a few times since best show the gorge in washington state not far from seattle

Saw them at same show and seen them quite a few times since best show the gorge in washington state not far from seattle

If I remember correctly the gig was stopped as fans were getting crushed at the front, Eddie supping from his bottle of red, said he had everything under control and started counting everyone. First few bars of Jeremy and the place erupted. State of love and trust from unplugged....amazing. Would love to have seen them in Washington. Big Kurt fan too.

3 day pearl jam fest that was different set every night and very hot the jam fans do tour road trips like the old dead fans

If I remember correctly the gig was stopped as fans were getting crushed at the front, Eddie supping from his bottle of red, said he had everything under control and started counting everyone. First few bars of Jeremy and the place erupted. State of love and trust from unplugged....amazing. Would love to have seen them in Washington. Big Kurt fan too.
Big alice in chains fan me and tool

Has anyone here had fun at Wacken Open Air? The electric fence brought back a few more memories. :D There were two of those. A pretty nice meadow was fenced off with several strands of barbed wire which happened to be live. I think they call it "Electric shepherd". Some of the guys in desperate need of a toilet wandered off in the wrong direction and it was pretty dark...You get the picture.
Okay, I get it. The local brother had aroused a great deal of enthusiasm among us. They said it was majestic, and indeed, majestic it was. :rayos: What they didn't say was that it had an electric fence. Now why the hell would a brothel need that? I realize it was nearly 5 AM, but isn't it all about attracting "customers" and making lots of cash?

RIP Chris.
Seeing Rainbow next month London and Manchester, the new singer is close to Dio on vocals , great gig last year