french door security

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
my garage got robbed :mad:the other month and now im getting it off the mrs about our french doors and how easy they would be to kick in they are inward opening.the problem is there not in a brick or solid wall but are attached to window frames in effect a wall of glass with doors in it and a small knee high wall with cills.

anyone got a cheap easy idea for stopping them getting kicked in.i know if a burglar really wants in he s in but it might stop a chancer.

cheers

you can get this film that goes over the glass that stops people getting in.... I had it on my tricked out XR2i you could lay into the window with a hammer but could not get in :)

other than that I have no idea :-(

you can get this film that goes over the glass that stops people getting in.... I had it on my tricked out XR2i you could lay into the window with a hammer but could not get in :)

other than that I have no idea :-(

cheers yea that would be great for the glass and i am thinking about getting my wall of glass tinted a for security and b for keeping it cooler in summer but that wont stop them kicking the doors in

what sort of doors are they? timber or upvc? whatg sort of locking system?
end of the day a good 5 point type locking system will have em kicking the glass in before they defeat the top and bottom shootbolts...
then you can go for dg units, toughened on the outside, laminate on the inside... take some getting through...
by the time they done all that someones gotta notice.... and they still cant undo the doors....

if theyve just got a little mortice bolt and catch all you need to do is give em a shoulder in the middle and theyll pop open...

2 hook, 2 roller, 2 shootbolts (head and cill) a mortice deadlock and a catch and theyve got little chance unless they 'bump' the euro barrell (google 'bumping locks') and you can get anti bump locks to replace it with anyway...

you can retro fit all this gear to most framework..

My neighbour was locked out of her house a few years back and all I did was use those suckers and lifted her sliding doors out... she was worried that I knew how to do it but still grateful...lol literally a week later there were new ones being fitted...lol

I think they put those blocks in now to stop that :)

what sort of doors are they? timber or upvc? whatg sort of locking system?
end of the day a good 5 point type locking system will have em kicking the glass in before they defeat the top and bottom shootbolts...
then you can go for dg units, toughened on the outside, laminate on the inside... take some getting through...
by the time they done all that someones gotta notice.... and they still cant undo the doors....

if theyve just got a little mortice bolt and catch all you need to do is give em a shoulder in the middle and theyll pop open...

2 hook, 2 roller, 2 shootbolts (head and cill) a mortice deadlock and a catch and theyve got little chance unless they 'bump' the euro barrell (google 'bumping locks') and you can get anti bump locks to replace it with anyway...

you can retro fit all this gear to most framework..

chris they are upvc and there are i think 5 points 1 each top and bottom 2 hook like things and a lock these are on the door you use as a door.on the other one which can open there is only the 1 in the top and bottom.i m just not sure how hard they would be tokick in and thought there might of been some easy way to stop that.i am gonna put the tint film on all the glass tho its a good idea

theyll take some getting through mate, plus theyll either be laminated or toughened glass to boot...
tints a good idea though... or curtains.. :RpS_thumbup:

only thing you wanna look out for is lock bumping, seriously, its dead easy with the right key, i strongly suggest you google it...

The security doors are very best and playing a batter role in your house for your house security i have been also install this door as my main door in my garage and i have not worry about my main door after install this security doors you should also instal this door in your house

Status
Not open for further replies.