freeflow query

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
evening all, can you use freeflow in the topcoat for render that contains lime or is it best not to? i know peeps can be harsh on here : ( just an innocent question that will hopefully get a genuine reply. cheus

I think this one has been covered, dont use the stuff myself. try the search bar :RpS_thumbsup:

evening all, can you use freeflow in the topcoat for render that contains lime or is it best not to? i know peeps can be harsh on here : ( just an innocent question that will hopefully get a genuine reply. cheus

Shouldn't use it with lime mate.
I wouldnt use it in topcoat anyway as it's got waterproofer in it.
I know some do though.
I only ever use it in scratch coat.

I like using freeflo in top coat on big areas as its me who has to rub it all up on my own and gives you plenty of time. Never used it with lime tho mate so see what @johniosaif said as he knows his Gubbins on matters like this. If your in doubt?? Stick to what you know and play it safe :RpS_thumbup: there you go no harshness whatsoever :RpS_laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I always use freeflo, yes I stick it in the topcoat especially if its exposed.

Earlier this year I was using traditional sand and cement over lime and stocks. Wanted both waterproof and a bit of 'give' in my muck so used both lime and freeflo.

Seems to have gone in ok. Good deal of water resistance and no cracking.

Been back to check a few times and I reckon if it didn't have the lime in, might have cracked by now.

how much is a pint in there @Olican......................:RpS_confused:

Not sure but I do know the rubber stuffers are 3 for £2 in the gents......they even come with a little sachet of lube :RpS_thumbsup:

......but you already knew that :RpS_wink:

This is not directed at just you Oli , but why use plastisizer and lime and not a waterproofer and lime ?

This is not directed at just you Oli , but why use plastisizer and lime and not a waterproofer and lime ?

Never been a fan of waterproofer if I'm honest, I've rendered this way for years and never had a problem

I've always used freeflo in both coats but this summer I did a 6:1:1 topcoat without it. I made a lime putty a few days prior. Nice to rub but heavy to apply

I did that a few weeks back with the lime and the gear felt canny creamy, a tad heavy like you say Alvin

Status
Not open for further replies.