Fortress in Kent requires Monocouche advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont neccasary agree with that, i never really work more than an hour from me, and we have continous rendering work.
but each to there own use to travel years ago and stay over nights, but it got me down eventually.

Ah yeah but that's because you just take on any old normal job and not the really high end jobs that Steve saves himself for.

Yer but he can see when u have posted and chose to see each post at a click of a button. Which I bet he does.

Yer but he can see when u have posted and chose to see each post at a click of a button. Which I bet he does.

What's with the double posting all the time Steve, do you do this with your invoices as well?

What's with the double posting all the time Steve, do you do this with your invoices as well?

well it got me divorced the first time around, as i was never there, but my new lady understands and if shes not working often travels with me

what about office work etc, it must be difficult to keep on top of things. Are you still on the tools or just running things

Is it all bullsh1t then ? Does he live ina council house ?

seriously I don't know ?

Just thought it a bit strange he was quoting on 20,045m2, one up north and one job in England

Render what job are you doing in Plymouth?????. I live here and would be good to meet up if/when you et the job.

Rich

Its got something to do with the new phone update :RpS_mad:

Last edited:
Just a quickie, What do English Heritage have to say on the matter ?, is it listed ? are there any local authority issues ?

Oddly enough English Heritage/Listed Building are not interested. I have been in and out of court many times on this project for many reasons but could paint the tower purple and they don't care - very strange!!!

i wouldnt touch it with and cement based render he said the walls were 14ft thick so they will be solid construction and no cavity, i would reccomend a NHL 5 lime render for this 3 coat work and nothing else... as thats what it would have been built with... also if the building is listed they wont allow anything else.... contact me if you want a quote to do it properly with correct materials

The Parex rep has been to see me and agreed entirely with your good self - Hydraulic Lime Render - 3 coat work. I just have to select the colour. You ae very welcome to quote. 400 sq m in total - 10m high - scaffold supplied and existing render removed.

Steve - just to say I am back and have read everyone's mail - I am very grateful for everyones advice and as previously stated you were spot on with your assessment. The building is Grade 2 star listed and an ancient monument. Existing render is cement based which I will remove and also provide scaffold. The new render will be Hydraulic Lime as you suggested - at present I am getting quotes. There are a number of TV companies interested in filming this so if anyone fancies some advertising let me know. Again - thanks to you all

did your Parex rep reccomend his own NHL render system. I have used one by St astiere which consisted of a base coat and 5mm top coat. The base coat was applied in one day at an average of 30mm (up to 100mm in some areas) it was protected and left to dry and the top coat was applied which could be supplied pre coloured. Most NHL systems only allow for about 10mm per thickness per coat so the advantage of this system was significant. It was done about 5 years ago and hasn't cracked at all. It had no reinforcement either like mesh. My point being there are alternatives to a slow hand applied system available
l3.jpg

l3.jpg

Oddly enough English Heritage/Listed Building are not interested. I have been in and out of court many times on this project for many reasons but could paint the tower purple and they don't care - very strange!!!

Ok that clears up a lot , I think Keithuk does quite a bit of lime work and he's close to you , might be worth giving him a shout, no doubts he'll be along shortly though, would love to have a look my self , but it wouldn't be cost effecrive, so good luck with it and keep us posted
best regards

as i said i will price it no problems but will have to be done before november for the weather contact me here Contact us with your email address

Heres a couple i have done

This one won best renovated house for the barbados national trust

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone one here gets this I would keen to give a hand as I could do with some lime experiance. I'll bring the ritmo with me if it could be put to good use

The Parex rep has been to see me and agreed entirely with your good self - Hydraulic Lime Render - 3 coat work. I just have to select the colour. You ae very welcome to quote. 400 sq m in total - 10m high - scaffold supplied and existing render removed.

Hi Martello,

We have over 15 years experience using lime mortars for both plastering and rendering.

Have completed many projects across the South East of England, including such places as Batemans, Groombridge Place,Knowle and theNational portrait Gallery just to name a few.

I will Pm you our details with regards to meeting ,tendering and possibly undertaking this project for you.

Lime plastering,lime rendering, wattle and daub .wmv - YouTube

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.