Food dye in pva

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.p.t plastering

I just finished a reskim on a bedroom where I put a bit of red food dye in the pva to make it easier to put on over the artex and used what's left on Walls, done this before with no problem, now I plastered it all up fine. No problem there, the client had just phoned to say he's gave it 3 coats of paint and it keeps turning pink....WTF never heard of this, how would it seap through plaster and paint...

Any ideas? And what to tell him to stop it?

Does that mean I should never try putting food colouring in me PVA for this simple reason? cant be doing with that ever happening!

ive never used food dye, find that cement dye or even chalk line powder does ok,

could always give jamie oliver a call ! he may know :RpS_laugh:

Food dye in pva.sorry mate try a pair of glasses and halogen! That's crazy failing my tip get your lab to do it .next you'll be saying just threw a bit of lasagne in the multi !!!

i have to put non-food dye into mine because of me lab :glare:, he carnt start at 1 end an work towards the other ! his like a butterfly on wizz, all over the place.

tell him that every time:RpS_mad: but it dont sink in ! nowt much does,,
you wouldnt think that him and bubbles was related .............. but they are:RpS_lol:

pissed meself laughing at that m8, food dye, thats propper weird, did they teach him that on a coarse lol, f***ing nice 1, still laughing lol

Just had a phone call of some mexican.the job is only small but wondering .should I charge extra for chillies and pepper am going to throw in multi ?can't decide help!

pissed meself laughing at that m8, food dye, thats propper weird, did they teach him that on a coarse lol, f***ing nice 1, still laughing lol

ive seen pva getting coloured for at least 25 years dont do it myself but ive seen good spredz do it just to let them selves know where they have and hav nt rolled,its not a bad idea really

I've never done it but have read quite a few people on here have done it,
Don't think it's that weird an idea at least they can see where they are rolling etc.
But if it is bleeding through the paintwork maybe best use wba in future.

Ised it once on my boys house and after 5 minutes he called me a c**t, book him right realy

Some jock been on little render job.I was thinking maybe do 50 50 irn bru waterproof retarder combo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.