Food colouring in PVA???

jordster

Chaps,

A friend of mine suggested putting a few drops of food colouring into the PVA when going over the various surfaces as he had been let down by a labourer only part covering a ceiling last week. He hasn't tried this yet and I haven't either - have any of you? Would it work? I can't see whay not and think it may help with showing any spots that haven't quite been covered with PVA.

Any thoughts?

Jord

try putting the chaulk from a chaulk line in mate, i use to use red that would turn the pva pink and you can see exactly where you have and haven't been.
good when preping a white ceiling

Good tip - just noticed that sometimes it's difficult to see sometimes exactly what has been covered until it's a little bit too late!!

as we speak the missus is preapring a delightfull banquet of homemade scotch egg
chips
beans

hard boil half a dozen eggs, roll out some pork sausage meat, add grated cheese to the meat if you want, bury the egg in the meat and form into a ball, season, beat an egg ,roll the scotch egg in the egg then roll in breadcrumbs
deep fry ...............nice :)
remember thats

pork sausage meat
eggs
breadcrumbs
salt pepper
cheese (optional)

spunky said:
as we speak the missus is preapring a delightfull banquet of homemade scotch egg
chips
beans

hard boil half a dozen eggs, roll out some pork sausage meat, add grated cheese to the meat if you want, bury the egg in the meat and form into a ball, season, beat an egg ,roll the scotch egg in the egg then roll in breadcrumbs
deep fry ...............nice :)
remember thats

pork sausage meat
eggs
breadcrumbs
salt pepper
cheese (optional)
Think i prefer the Thai sandwich ;)

We did a nursing home at the start of the year and it was around 60 or so ceilings to cover the Artex. We put food colouring in the PVA and it worked really well. As always the ceilings were white and it was hard to tell when you missed bits!

pva has other uses besides sealing old surfaces prior to plastering...
not that i can think of any right this moment.. ???

Chris W said:
pva has other uses besides sealing old surfaces prior to plastering...
not that i can think of any right this moment.. ???

its good for making fake scars and cuts mixed with a little red dye and left to set... very realistic

wouldnt it seep through like nick o teen and grease etc or those spots things that nisus was on about. i dont know man.

Not sure what happened there... was ment to comment and say food colouring or chalk in pva is a wicked idea.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I have never had the issue where I have not known where I have PVA'd but I know when we had a bucket bitch that could be interesting :D

Older thread but I`d been thinking of this over the years and never got round to it.

Remembered it when I was in Morrissons the other day so yellow food dye became "toxic waste PVA" over artex!

Wee coat of bonding earlier on today and I`ll skim it next wk
IMG_20160219_154052.jpg