1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

foam plasterboard adhesive

Discussion in 'The Plasterers Forums Information Guides' started by RH Preservation, Dec 31, 2017.

1. RH Preservation

RH Preservation New Member

what in your opinion is the best and most cost effective product and pros and cons and any user tips

2. zolco

zolco Private Member

Dryfix foam is good quick and clean if the blockwork good

3. Dropsalot

Dropsalot Private Member

Shaving foam just doesn’t work.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Chrispy33uk

Chrispy33uk Active Member

Expanding foam great for a bit of patching, never used it on full boards.

5. malc

malc Private Member

a builder that had done his own boarding had a few rattlers, he drilled the board placed the expanding foam behind the board it did stop the rattle.

• Like Like x 1
  6. johniosaif

johniosaif Private Member

Doesn’t draw damp like dabs would ,

7. Chrispy33uk

Chrispy33uk Active Member

Doing a garage conversion earlier in the year, foamed a patch on and was holding it with the left hand while I drove a couple of temporary screws in with the right to hold it and slipped and smashed the screwdriver bit straight into my thumb nail. :sorprendido3::tarjetaroja::vomito:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. RH Preservation

Thanks . Do you know if it can be used over pb2 meshed vapour membrane
    Never in the world

9. RH Preservation

Frank spencer springs to mind

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wayners

Wayners Active Member

Screwed some loose boards on a ceiling and taped then skimmed it. Think when I screwed boards it never pulled them tight to joist so it cracked again. To fix. I have drilled 10mm holes and blasted some low expansion foam in. Waited an hour then skimmed ceiling. Cracks never came back.. I also think you can fix sound block board to walls with foam. Just wedge around and stick on. Pull wedges then fill all around the edges with more foam. Floating wall it's called I think. Just thought I would mention all this.. Here is me after the last job I did with foam [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3