Floor Protector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright fellas got oak laminate down in a refurb job we're doing, all the plasterings done problem is theres still going to be trades in there for a few weeks. Can anyone recommend a decent floor protector and where I can get it from? Something like those big black sheets, Ive seen them in Jewson but their a rip off!

Cheers

i'd recommend 4 or 5 sheets of 4mm ply.. tape em up with gaffer tape...

chuck what you want on the floor then...

that sticky stuff on a roll is what we got at the minute, great on carpets in hallways / stairs etc but leave it on lami for more than a few hours and its a right barsteward to get off again, leave it a week and it takes 2 hours to get off and leaves a sticky residue that only comes off with turps or vinegar.....
think 'trying to peel protective tape from upvc windows that got fitted last year'... :eek:
or 3 week old masking tape etc...

we use the pink low tack one on wooden floors dont use the carpet one it sticks that well it can pull the top off laminate floors an stuff its not designed for wood or do what chris says with the ply

think the stuff you want is called antinox 2.4m x 1.2m x 2mm travis do it but not cheap i managed to haggle it down to £4 per sheet. ;)

I use hard board on all my jobs. Hard wearing and can be scraped off after. Also put dust sheets underneath and mask up edge of carpet.

claw75 said:
think the stuff you want is called antinox 2.4m x 1.2m x 2mm travis do it but not cheap i managed to haggle it down to £4 per sheet. ;)

ui use this alot and i use TP i got it at 2.50 a sheet! they are sly watch um!

oasis said:
claw75 said:

ui use this alot and i use TP i got it at 2.50 a sheet! they are sly watch um!

cheers for post. they obviously like you more than me....:) i know they can be funny with their prices. i thought i got it cheap! i'm going back to haggle some more.:)

they changed there brand half way frew the year but dint say and tyred charging top price in account again .. had to go back in and fight a new price!

steve_jones_plastering said:
Alright fellas got oak laminate down in a refurb job we're doing, all the plasterings done problem is theres still going to be trades in there for a few weeks. Can anyone recommend a decent floor protector and where I can get it from? Something like those big black sheets, Ive seen them in Jewson but their a rip off!

Cheers
try corex the big black sheets £2.99

smooth_exteriors said:
steve_jones_plastering said:

Cheers
try corex the big black sheets £2.99

its the same thing mate this is what TP did stock then changed to the antinox checky *** dint tell any1 so they could rip us all off again untill we got a new quote on the price they r.r.p around £5 a sheet when u can have it at around £2.50 when u buy around 20 a pop it adds up..

have been using hardboard (plastic sheet under) taped joints---ideal if you are ripping ceiling down,hacking off walls ect...
but will look at the corex product on the next one--for that price

martin

www.emjenkins.co.uk

with the corex you can cut it to fit any shape with a knife and u can wash it down again.

Status
Not open for further replies.