Floating methods

Members online

No members online now.
Most of the time I use spirit level . Once you laid on mark the wall with the spirit level same distance as you will with screeds and rule off. Job done.

Hence I don’t use screeds so often ;). There’s always areas here and there, but not something I can’t manage without screeds.
To be fair was only taught to plumb up kitchens and bathrooms, living rooms bedrooms etc get just straight with rule, unless the walls miles out!

I float on almost a daily bases done about 70 metres today slow day one wall was 30 on it's own I have a 6 foot 6 straight edge kill suction with water put on screed one way then the other float up when ready it's not rocket science but when u do it daily it hard on body

Let's not kid ourselves.......decent blockwork is a doddle.
I've followed some proper shite brickies .
the tolerance is unbelievable.

To be fair was only taught to plumb up kitchens and bathrooms, living rooms bedrooms etc get just straight with rule, unless the walls miles out!

Not seen a bricky in the last 10 years do one plumb... I have floated out some hopeless walls in the past

In the Netherlands all blocks are dovetailed on all 4 sides. every wall turns out straight and plumb. the joints are tight , the corse is ceramic tile adhesive.

Brick layers never use anything bigger that a 1m level .That's why walls are always out of plumb in the vertical.

Just lay it all on and rule it off. Knock up in a plastic 45gallon drum 5-7 bags at a time job done