Float + Set Celcons S+C or hardwall?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crooksey

So ive never really known "whats best" for celcon blocks, half the time I use hardwall and half the time I use S+C just depends what materials are on site really.

Now I have an extension to-do and have about 200sqm of new celcon blocks to float+set.

If I S+C it I would always 2 coat, but the time involved over hardwall is just ridiculous, not to mention the effort of S+C is much greater than hardwall (and the increased risk of blowing on celcons).

So my plan was to gyprime all the celcons (watered down) the day before, and set beads etc. Then go back the next day with two of us (+ labourer) and hit it all in a day, the gyprime would let us get a load on before develing up.

But im never really sure where to go with celcons and what the best approach is, if any of you could just confirm the best approach, that would help put my mind at rest a lot, cheers!

i would use hardwall. laid on in two coats so that it can be ruled in properly. i would float to about 12 o clock then turn back and skim. sand and cement needs leaving for a few days before you set as it may srink back. imo sand and cement is an out of date method, and why take the risk of it blowing?

Mate do exactly what you saying thats the easiest. Good STRONG coat of p.v.a day before then float away. for better results do a tight coat first to hold back then following coat, be more nice to work with. And another tip my freind use Tough Coat, slightly dearer but holds back longer..

Mate do exactly what you saying thats the easiest. Good STRONG coat of p.v.a day before then float away. for better results do a tight coat first to hold back then following coat, be more nice to work with. And another tip my freind use Tough Coat, slightly dearer but holds back longer..

I wouldn't recommend using PVA but rather wetting the blocks instead. It's not really necessary to use GypPrime with Harwall either :)

i love floating with sand and cement but its a ballache waiting for it to properly cure before you can skim it so id wet the walls down 2 coats of hardwall and do as malc says float till 12 then turn back and skim nice and easy and quick:RpS_thumbup:

Why do you 2 coat sand cement and fair play if you're doing 200m in a day if you're going to skim it

Does CPI general purpose render have to be left 5 days before setting?

Does it have a waterproofer in it hold hold back the suction what setting?

I've skimmed it the next day you get a bit more suction otherwise it hangs like a trooper mate we had a 12 bag set over it

I've skimmed it the next day you get a bit more suction otherwise it hangs like a trooper mate we had a 12 bag set over it

I have never used it mate but sounds ideal to me. Float the lot out over a couple of days. Skim all the ceilings over a day or 2. Then drop back and set the walls.

Does it crack up when floated over celcons like hardwall does?

Sbr also works well. We have pumped 200m+ cpi And deviled ready for skim in a day. You can also run a I beam over it the Next morning to get it bang on.

Can skim Next day but as spunky says draws. Leave a day or 2 And it's perfect

just finished a float and set job over celcons.
battened out bays then just gave it two good drinks of PVA then hit it as its done by the bay all you need to do is keep wetting up the bay in-front of you!
5 bags of hardwall in the bath at a time still grunt work with out spraying it :RpS_crying:

Do you use screeds or block rule mate over plastic conduits? Do you ever find the conduits pop over the bays after you've put the screeds in?

you need to have a look at the conduits first.
Just to see if thay need any more fixings your wall will be governed by the highest post conduits sparkys boxes pipes ect even door liners

you need to have a look at the conduits first.
Just to see if thay need any more fixings your wall will be governed by the highest post conduits sparkys boxes pipes ect even door liners

Jon everyone on this site knows you're the labourer. You are fooling no one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.