float and set

Ur not a spread in my eyes if you cant float..proper mans plastering is float and set just shame prices are shocking for it fucks knows why there are but there are

i float and set a wall on monday......the beast did come out lovely:whistle:

Ur not a spread in my eyes if you cant float..proper mans plastering is float and set just shame prices are shocking for it fucks knows why there are but there are
It's nice to practice traditional techniques but floating is old hat these days, certainly for residential.

Hmmm float has been old hat for a long time but still a good skill to learn and practice

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hmmm float has been old hat for a long time but still a good skill to learn and practice

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Without doubt, you look like a plonker if you can't do it. its been nearly two years since I've done any amount of floating I done some work in a leisure centre in saltash and also Exeter hospital. Guess there is more demand in the commercial sector.

Dot and dab is nearly unheard of in my neck of the woods. All float and set work. Nothing like lashing a few tubs on to sort the hangover out

Without doubt, you look like a plonker if you can't do it. its been nearly two years since I've done any amount of floating I done some work in a leisure centre in saltash and also Exeter hospital. Guess there is more demand in the commercial sector.

Why in the fuuck would you wanna
make your life harder ??
Skimming is easy money.
Plastering is hard enough what in fuucking gods name are spreads on about loving floating its dirty old and shhit.
It stinks . twice the cleaning.
Am I the only 1 who wants more money for half the work.

make your life harder ??
Skimming is easy money.
Plastering is hard enough what in fuucking gods name are spreads on about loving floating its dirty old and shhit.
If u said to me rite u can float a house or d&d a house I rather dot It but its nice to be able to float its proper plastering

I havnt floated for a couple years aswell but u never forget pal on how its done..wen I was younger from 16 to 21 its all I pretty much did..wudnt want go do it everyday but enjoy It wen I do it but just cnt get my head around how s**t rates are for it that's y id rather d&b

Moneys wank near us pal got offered over 3000m2 a few months bk and was offered £5.50m2 with doors and windows taken out..said no thanks
I don't blame you.thats a awful rate.not much down here anymore but rate around 8-10m2
Same as I prefer dot & dab a day long

I don't blame you.thats a awful rate.not much down here anymore but rate around 8-10m2
Same as I prefer dot & dab a day long
I know bobby shite isn't it Espec with door n windows taken out..most been paid is £7m2 and we can make easy £400+ a day on that rate but aint slugging my arse for £5.50

make your life harder ??
Skimming is easy money.
Good point, well made. It's hard graft.

Out of curiosity what size feather edge do most people use, I was always encouraged to use the biggest I could like a 2.4 but I prefer a 2metre one now. Feels a bit less clumsy than swinging a great big fecker about.

I prefer sand cement and skim but alot cant do it these days (the younger generation) if they cant dab? They f**k off !!???? No wonder our trade in such a mess

Pre bag s**t like hardwall ok but im happier with sand cement
We did a alcohlic hostel years ago was ocr Webber pre bagged s**t on all party walls was £10m2 made some rite coin..all rest of room was hardwall on £7m2..gud job it was

make your life harder ??
Skimming is easy money.
sand and cement on day work.......:love: